Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My home strip, Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA, just released their 2006 schedule. I'll get to feed my addiction for timeslips again in 5 weeks. I can't wait to see what the nitrous and gears do for my ETs.

Is anyone else jonesing to get back to the strip? It can't be just me.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Burn up that quarter mile

Just tuned my car, now she really peels
A-lookin' real tough with chrome reverse wheels
A Blue Coral wax job sure looks pretty
Gonna get my chick and make it out to Drag City

Chorus:

(1: Yeah 2: Well) I'm goin' to Drag City (run her through, now)
Goin' to Drag City (what'll she do now)
Goin' to Drag City (run her through, now)

The DJ's sayin' on my favorite station
The Drag City races are the fastest in the nation
Wheels are the wildest and the stockers are pretty
I'll get my honey, grab some money, split to Drag City

repeat chorus

'Round the dragway thick exhaust fills the air
The final teams tachin' up and action everywhere
Checkered flags, wheelstands, sure sounds pretty
To hear the cheers, bring your ears out to Drag City

Chorus

Well, I'm goin' to Drag City (run her through, now)
Goin' to Drag City (run her through, now)

Listen to 'em whine
(whine, whine, whine)

-- Jan and Dean, "Drag City"

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well I just moved to the Seattle East side area two weeks ago from NY. I have a 2005 GT manual, but I haven't done any performance mods yet. Maybe I will go to the track to watch!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
iplaydat said:
Well I just moved to the Seattle East side area two weeks ago from NY. I have a 2005 GT manual, but I haven't done any performance mods yet. Maybe I will go to the track to watch!
Watch? There's no watching in drag racing, unless you're in the staging lanes or it's John Force you're watching. You don't need no stinkin' mods to race!! It's all about having fun, you can show up in a Pinto as long as it's not leaking anything (and hasn't already been exploded). If you are worried about being embarrassed, have no worries. Your 2005 Mustang will be faster than many cars there, besides, it's not ALL about who goes fastest. Once you experience the thrill of sitting at the light, waiting to unleash your ponies, then jamming through your gears while your Stang screams in pleasure, you'll be hooked forever.

Hey, iplaydat, come on out to Pacific Raceways on the last 3 Sundays in February (www.pacificraceways.com). At the web site you can learn most everything you need to know about showing up and racing. It's totally open to all street cars and it's a great place to see what other guys are doing so you can plan for that first mod.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts