Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So are most of you guys leaving the hammer down and just hitting the clutch? Crossing the line in 3rd? What about Zex guys are you going across the line in 4th? I seem to have ok speeds good 60ft and good RT but my Ets just dont seem to come down like some of you others and I think its my shifting that is holding me back.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
You didn't mention it but do you have the traction control off?

·
Registered
191 Posts
right foot stays down while racing.......hit the clutch as needed......the car will protect its self.....(rev limiter) but be sure you practice the shift points on when your car is falling off its peak......:cool: most of all have fun and be carefull out there.....:cool: seat time is important with the drive by wire....ya gatta get use to it and how you drive using it to your advantage....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
darkdayz said:
right foot stays down while racing.......hit the clutch as needed......the car will protect its self.....(rev limiter) but be sure you practice the shift points on when your car is falling off its peak......:cool: most of all have fun and be carefull out there.....:cool: seat time is important with the drive by wire....ya gatta get use to it and how you drive using it to your advantage....
Thats what I have been doing keeping it to the floor and shifting at about 5500.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
My car spins if I do that...

I shift a bit early 1st to 2nd, about 5,600 RPM, the rest at 5,900... that's when I initiate it so the shift is prolly a couple 100 RPMs later...

But I do let the throttle up about half way and re-floor it smoothly but by no mean slowly...

·
Registered
191 Posts
either way i agree works good........again the seat time and playing with what your car likes is what i would do....like the man says you don't want it to spin so adjust for track conditions and h.p....and of course a good set of tires is helpfull......:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.