Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally get to hit the track. Hoping to run a decent time, wish me luck.

· Banned
12,365 Posts
"Luck is for the unprepared" Lou Holtz
Now if you and your car are ready you'll run a good time...let us know how it goes.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran a disappointing 15.1 No traction in first and some of second.

· Banned
12,365 Posts
well I had a feeling you were going to say that....now go mod your rear end and get some drag radials, I'm sure it's hotter than hades there as well

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya it was and pretty humid. Just about everyone had traction problems

· Banned
12,365 Posts
humid in Tuscon?...try Florida, you sweat after taking a shower

· Registered
784 Posts

· Banned
12,365 Posts
well it's the price you pay for the beautiful winters.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well pretty humid for Tucson anyway. Lol the night was cut short due to rain so I only got to run 3 times.

· Registered
784 Posts
well it's the price you pay for the beautiful winters.
yea our winters arent bad. but i bet your winters are alot better than mine. but hey we dont get snow.....

· Registered
163 Posts
shoot here in Oklahoma its 100+ degrees everyday in the summer its horrible haha. I havent got to take my cobra to the track yet hopefully it will be soon though.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya im from Oklahoma, just recently left and it gets pretty hot and humid there

· Banned
12,365 Posts
What was your 60' and trap speed? Did you go through the water or around it? Did you heat up the tires?
oh you can be sure the 60' was bad...spinning ain't winnin, rear end mods and drag tires are always the first mod to cure that

· Registered
10 Posts
oh you can be sure the 60' was bad...spinning ain't winnin, rear end mods and drag tires are always the first mod to cure that
For sure, just seeing if we can give him a few pointers. When I was a novice at the track, I was always asking question.

My first time at the track with my 98 Formula (stock) I did everything wrong. I went throught the water on stock tires, did a crappy burnout and then launched from idle. I think I ran 15.80 spinning all the way through 1st. After asking questions and a few more trips I ran mid 13's consistantly.

· Banned
12,365 Posts
well once you hang out here long enough you'll see we field the same questions alot...I was basically asking and answering the question for him

· Banned
12,365 Posts
Got any 1/4 mile for either mustang??? They must run well.
not yet...and there is basically nowhere to race anywhere in Tampa...one 1/8 mile track, but that's it...the good stuff is way down in Bradenton...hopefully I'll get the 427 car there for the Spring Nationals and have some fun

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My 60' was 2.4 and my trap was 93.77 I went around the water and I didn't do a burn out I was told not to but I am the next time.

· Banned
12,365 Posts
well it's quite a bit of work to get that IRS to hook...do a search, it's a well hashed out topic if you want to start to tackle it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.