Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm really looking into my suspension setup now. I was looking into the Eibach drag launch kit along with some Strange 10 way adjustables. Haven't gave much thought to control arms yet.:headscratch: My question is, I want a good set of drag springs and maybe some ride height lowering if possible. The eibach drag kit doesn't lower in any capacity. Just wanted to see if you guys could offer me any suggestions on any of those pieces. :scratchchin

·
Registered
552 Posts
cut a coil out of the eibach spring ?

most drag kits are soft springs on front, so it should lower it a lil bit

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's jerry rigging and unclean.

·
Registered
210 Posts
the whole point of drag springs is to transfer weight to the rear it will not lower your car I would not recommend them if you car is a daily driver because its a fine line between a street car and track car if you put a drag launch kit in.think of it this way every time you are at a red light and you accelerate normal on a green your front end will lift up to transfer weight to the rear :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
if you have some skills, drop the rear upper control arm body mount 1.5" in the control arm arc. That will give the car the instant center it does not have when stock.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
And definitely, don't cut a coil off because that changes the rate of the spring itself.
You'll have to make a choice... street lowering or a drag suspension. A lowered suspension does not do well in a drag application, because it doesn't allow proper weight transfer.
The best thing to do if you want to lower the rear slightly, is to either do what TMoss said, or get some lower arms that have an adjustable spring perch. They can either raise the rear an inch, or lower the rear by two inches and keep the proper spring rate and weight transfer.

Cutting coils... BAD idea.

·
Registered
486 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
If you want a bit of a lowered look that will launch better then what you have now, just put in 4 cylinder springs all the way around. They're a lot softer than the stock V8 springs, and usually lower the front about 1/2"-1" and the back around 1/2".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.