Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 05 mustang GT I enjoy playing relatively loud music and I love my door subwoofers, the only problem is that my driver mirror is shaking and it ruins my perfect sound. So i was wondering if there was anyways to fix this?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
wow, i wish i had them good door speakers so i would say its working great. hmmm, how about roll up the window? :D try to locate whats loose

·
Registered
306 Posts
One of the reasons I was happy my car did not have the Shaker stereo system. I have the base stereo and added a sub amp and box with a 10 in the trunk. Nice quality bass without shaking things loose.
You can try taking the mirror apart and fixing whats loose but I have never had good luck with that approach. Always ended up getting a different power mirror from the dealer or junkyard. They just wear out after a while and the constant vibrations from the subwoofer dont help.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
turn the volume down :winks

·
Registered
568 Posts
Always ended up getting a different power mirror from the dealer or junkyard. They just wear out after a while and the constant vibrations from the subwoofer dont help.
Is that a really common problem? I just recently noticed that mine had stopped working. They worked fine a couple months ago when I bought the car, but now I can't get the driver or passenger side to move.

·
Registered
182 Posts
In my 05 mustang GT I enjoy playing relatively loud music and I love my door subwoofers, the only problem is that my driver mirror is shaking and it ruins my perfect sound. So i was wondering if there was anyways to fix this?
I have never had this problem and if you read my sig, I have a little bit of bass :winks It might just be something came loose, I would try just seeing if you can tighten it up or narrow it down to what exactly is making the noise. When you say it is "shaking" is it making a noise when it is shaking? or is it just shaking and that frustrates you? My entire car shakes when I have my music up, but there isn't a noise coming from the mirrors in any way.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
ooops double post

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
been cranking the ever loving [email protected]#& out of my shaker 1000 since car was new, it vibrates all 3 mirrors and will even give you a back massage on certain songs...... :winks
never had the problem the OP described. i would like to know how he hears it over the sound of the music?

shaker 1000 rocks!!!:rockwoot:

TO OP: FWIW , ive had subwoofer sound systems in all my vehicles, ive spent 4k on a system before, they all vibrate the car. rattles can be taken care of with dynamat, at the cost of weight of course, but ALL of them vibrated the mirrors. i had a truck once that i had to constantly reglue the rearview mirror, as it would vibrate right off the windshield. sounds like your wanting an awesome bass system without any vibration.....good luck with that...:winks

·
Registered
568 Posts
Haha, agreed. Sure it's a factory system, but I don't need my stereo to make me completely deaf...just partially, and the shaker does that just fine :D I also recently had a chance to test out the 1000 in the 2011s...I had the volume only halfway up and it sounded like I could have been holding a block party:bounce2:

·
Registered
182 Posts
been cranking the ever loving [email protected]#& out of my shaker 1000 since car was new, it vibrates all 3 mirrors and will even give you a back massage on certain songs...... :winks
never had the problem the OP described. i would like to know how he hears it over the sound of the music?

TO OP: FWIW , ive had subwoofer sound systems in all my vehicles, ive spent 4k on a system before, they all vibrate the car. rattles can be taken care of with dynamat, at the cost of weight of course, but ALL of them vibrated the mirrors. i had a truck once that i had to constantly reglue the rearview mirror, as it would vibrate right off the windshield. sounds like your wanting an awesome bass system without any vibration.....good luck with that...:winks

Have you upgraded your head unit yet? Makes the world of difference in the door speakers. Twice as loud and twice as clear quality!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Have you upgraded your head unit yet? Makes the world of difference in the door speakers. Twice as loud and twice as clear quality!

nope, what did you upgrade to? the stock one is pretty decent, and i like the mp3 changer, got all my music on 2 discs. :cooldude: ive heard upgrading door speakers makes big improvement. are they paper or poly?

·
Registered
182 Posts
nope, what did you upgrade to? the stock one is pretty decent, and i like the mp3 changer, got all my music on 2 discs. :cooldude: ive heard upgrading door speakers makes big improvement. are they paper or poly?
Before you replace the door speakers, listen to them with a new head unit. I probably still won't replace my door speakers. The built in 8" sub sounds awesome and the "box" for it goes through a majority of the door from my understanding of it. Mine are plenty loud for now. Unless you want your neighbors 45 houses down to hear, I wouldn't upgrade them. I might replace the rear speakers or take them out because they aren't doing a whole hell of a lot with the subs right under them but I haven't decided that. I am still trying to decide if I want to upgrade or not. I might have a ported box made where the ports go directly out to where those rear speakers should be. Would be nice and loud :)

I upgraded to a bluetooth Pioneer unit that I can hook up my ipod or usb port, sd card, and aux jack. I just plug in my phone that has music on it. And it also has a dvd player :gringreen The one I got has only 1 cd but I never use the CD player due to the aux jack. It is all touchscreen with like the buttons on the left side. I can't pull the model number off the top of my head. When you hook up your ipod, you can access everything through the touchscreen. Same goes with the phone, you connect your phone via bluetooth and you can dial directly on the screen, it cuts the music off when you get a call and starts it back up when you hang up. One of the best investments I have made in the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts