Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**SEARCH HAS BEEN DONE***
I'm not sure if this is normal on a mustang , since this is the first year mustangs have come out with this window function "window popping back up when you close/open the door". When I open my door with the window all the way up, it catches on the rubber molding as if the window is to slow in coming down for the door to open. my sisters mini cooper's window lowers really fast when the door open and does not catch the molding at all, as well as my friends g35. You can open their doors pretty fast and have no delay in the window hitting the molding. I now open the door really slow so I won't ruine my window. Does anyone else have this problem?

E

·
0 Posts
I haven't noticed it on mine to be honest. I deliever pizza (side job mind you... pays for insurance and gas)... we tend to be quick in every portion of the delivery process, includin gettin in n out. Perhaps I haven't payed close enough attention, but it's fairly quick on mine. I've noticed sometimes when getting in it might catch a little if I try to go too quick on opening the door, but 9.9 times outta 10 its faster than I am. My exp thus far.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have learned to open my verts doors slower than I used to. Seems the windows like to catch on the top if I don't let the windows have time to drop. I too think they should drop faster than they do. I wonder if there is a speed adjustment for them. Hmmm. :wavey

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here is a link to the other forums web page that I posted this issue on. The problem is called the "Short Drop Glass Feature". There are also other issues with this like, What happens if the window gets frozen open? Does it burn the motor out or pop fuses trying to drop the glass down? Or how about you battery goes dead? How do you open the door to open the hood etc?

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_586561/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#597993

·
Registered
867 Posts
Jim Smyth said:
Here is a link to the other forums web page that I posted this issue on. The problem is called the "Short Drop Glass Feature". There are also other issues with this like, What happens if the window gets frozen open? Does it burn the motor out or pop fuses trying to drop the glass down? Or how about you battery goes dead? How do you open the door to open the hood etc?

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_586561/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#597993
If the battery goes dead the doors will open but are difficult to close. I had it happen to both cars while I was away on a trip. The windows are the least of the problem with a dead battery. You can't push start either the manual or automatic transmission cars - no power=no throttle. Make sure your auto club dues are paid up.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Jim - most of those possibilities are covered in the manual, I think, but the explanation is far from clear. I remember somthing about frozen water on the side windows, but being in central GA, I didn't memorize that section.

There's also a section on recalibrating the drop adjustment. Maybe the slow ones actually need to be recalibrated....?? Might help, might not, dunno

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can recalibrate it by rolling your window down and holding the button for 2 seconds then roll it up and hold the button for another 2 seconds. See if that fixes your problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rizzen said:
You can recalibrate it by rolling your window down and holding the button for 2 seconds then roll it up and hold the button for another 2 seconds. See if that fixes your problem.
thanks for the info. I just got done reading the the manual and it says to re-calibrate the windows only if they get stuck in the down or up position. well I tried it anyways and it still is the same. o'well I guess thats another ford problem I'll have to overlook. At least this car (05 mustang) is not as bad as my 03 cobra with problems but it's catching up. :sosad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts