Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, 2011 Mustang GT base with the cloth seats. On driver seat its already starting to wear through on the seat bottom where my right butt cheek sits. The car has 6000 miles on it. I take it this would be covered under the 3yr/36,000 bumper to bumper? The more i get to know this car the more I realize its made with what seems to be VERY cheap parts. NO WAY this should be wearing out already! Am I gonna have to fight Ford as this being a normal characteristic as they say every problem is? :madas:

·
Registered
567 Posts
I wouldn't think so, but I wouldn't back down from that fight, that is not supposed to be happening now if an's or buts!! I have cloth in my 10 GT and it looked find before I traded it in @ 13k

·
Registered
532 Posts
That doesn't sound right... Unless your average drive is 1.2 miles...;) Dealer may try "normal wear and tear", but I'd push it up the chain if he did...

If you keep your wallet in your right cheek pocket, you should find another place for it - bad for upholstery and your spine alignment...

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Am I gonna have to fight Ford as this being a normal characteristic as they say every problem is?
They would never say its normal. But they will probably say you are new to sitting and aren't doing it right. :winks

·
Registered
949 Posts
My cloth drivers seat is wearing through on the left side where my butt hits it getting in and out.That could be solved with a steering wheel that moves forward and backwards instead of just up and down.You listening Ford?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Well, there's the 1st problem with my '11!

I've owned 2 2005's and an '08, drove each for a few years (driving about 160,000 miles between them) and never had a problem with the seats.

7 months on the '11 and there's a pretty nasty looking spot worn through the fabric.

Hello Ford reps!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I have 11K on the odo. and my seat is going to hell in the same spot also....

Good thing I don't even like these seats and are putting new ones in.

Still, this is pretty crappy...

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
My first question would be how much do these people weigh who are dragging their butts so much across the seat? Seem you should be sitting IN the seat, and getting OUT of the seat rather than sitting and sliding.

With the population so large now, I would think Ford would easily be able to say it is wear and tear... especially on a Ford type product that is cheaper to begin with.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My first question would be how much do these people weigh who are dragging their butts so much across the seat? Seem you should be sitting IN the seat, and getting OUT of the seat rather than sitting and sliding.

With the population so large now, I would think Ford would easily be able to say it is wear and tear... especially on a Ford type product that is cheaper to begin with.
I am 6ft and a lean 205lbs...no fatty struggling to get in and out. This is just crap that its wearing through at 6000 miles. So by 15,000 I'll have a hole there? Probably! Ford can say wear and tear all they want but at 6000 miles they can go pack sand. It better be covered. They could just throw on the leather but I hear some are having issues with the seams tearing? WTF Ford? :cursing:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Can we get pictures please? I have a base model and get in and out of my car quite often. I don't see anything wrong with my seats at all, except maybe a little 'hump' in the fabric towards the back of the drivers seat from the constant pressure of me sliding back in the seat during driving. I'm sure that's probably normal.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Love my cloth seats after 14k miles, still look like new. You can get the leather takeoffs from Ebay for $300. I have heard people complaining about the cheap stock leather too.

·
Registered
644 Posts
My cloth seats look 100% after 6000 miles. I'm hoping they'll hold up like my dad's '87... His look 95% or better after 280,000 miles!

·
Registered
949 Posts
I'm a 215lb personal trainer and an X national level competitive olympic weightlifter.Watch who you're calling fat! Ha!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Can we get pictures please? I have a base model and get in and out of my car quite often. I don't see anything wrong with my seats at all, except maybe a little 'hump' in the fabric towards the back of the drivers seat from the constant pressure of me sliding back in the seat during driving. I'm sure that's probably normal.
here is what mine looks like after 8,000 miles.

The cloth seats in my 10 year old civic still looked like new when I sold it. But then again, my civic didn't have 412 hp. And that is why I bought this car. So for now, I'm still willing to deal with all the other shortcomings.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

lol I had to laugh at this...

I weigh 170.... my seat is not warn where the fellows above... but where the bottom part of your leg would hit when you turn left to hop out (drivers side); and I know how to get in and out of a car. haha

These seats truly are garbage.... I know its the base interior but damn, its a new car!

Oh well, another reason for the aftermarket seats.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Wow, that looks really bad. I truly hope Ford and/or your dealer can help you out with this. No way should this be happening.
I've seen seats in cars at the junk yard that are in better shape.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts