Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I noticed that the paint was rubbing off the bottom of the door jam on the driver's side ... where the metal creases to the outboard side of the Mustang kickplate. So I'm thinking, the door is mis-aligned and is scraping? Unsure what to think as the length of the scrape is less than the length of the door. Anyone else having this issue? Thoughts?

·
Registered
184 Posts
NickDC123 said:
The other day I noticed that the paint was rubbing off the bottom of the door jam on the driver's side ... where the metal creases to the outboard side of the Mustang kickplate. So I'm thinking, the door is mis-aligned and is scraping? Unsure what to think as the length of the scrape is less than the length of the door. Anyone else having this issue? Thoughts?
These Stangs have very heavy doors, I'll bet they have to be adjusted occasionally. FWIW, I test drove an older model Stang Vert, think it was a '99, and both doors had to be lifted up (or slammed the hellouta) before they would latch. Guess that's what we have to look forward to, LOL...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine have dropped down too. Was pointed out to me by a friend who is a body shop dude. He said its common w/ verts.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I tried to adjust mine this weekend, but there was no more adjustment left. My problem isn't up and down, it's in n out. Then I noticed the top and bottom were perfect and the shape of the door and fender and the shape of the door and the quarter panel were different. Not the greatest fit and finish, but it is a 1st year car.

I've also noticed scratches and paint wearing off of the bottom sill of the car near the "MUSTANG" sill plate, but I thought that was me getting in and out with my size 13's.:madas:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts