Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I press the button on my left outer door handle, nothing happens. It looks like there should be a rod from the door handle button to the latch, but it is gone. I see kits with 3 rods, but this one isn't in them.
Do these cars in fact have 4 door rods? If so, where can I get the one I need? Thanks, Mag

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hello.:) Here's what the door latch looks like without that pesky door wrapped around it.:) The green arrow is pointing to the rod that hooks to the outside door handle, the blue arrow is pointing to the lock knob rod, the red arrow is pointing to the key lock rod and the brown arrow is pointing to the inside door release handle rod. If the outside door handle has never worked for you, it is possible that the rod is missing entirely, but, it is fairly common for that rod to come loose at the latch. Also, if the car has been painted recently, it is in the painter's contract that he must tear up at least one of the door latch mechanisms by rolling the window down with the outside door handle off and the rods leaning out into a position that allows the window to bust them loose from the latch. It is mandatory.:gringreen If you'll pull the door panel off, you'll be able to see what's actually going on in there. Hope that helps.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that helps tremendously! The 'green' rod is definitely missing, the clips are still there. Now, if only I knew where to get one, as the repro kits contain only 3 rods...any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking for latch rod

Still need the rod from the left outer door button to the door latch release. Apparently not in repro kits. Anyone have one, or know where to get one? Thanks, Mag

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.