Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my 1992 mustang driver's side door is sagging a bit. Not to the point where it is scraping on the bottom, but I have to kind of slam it to get it to shut. My passenger door is just fine, no problem at all. So I am going to buy new pins because they are pretty cheap and I don't want to have to deal with the hinges right now. My question is do I sawzall the old pins in half and just slide them out? And do I just hammer the new ones on or what. This is what I was going to buy -
While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at PartsAmerica.com

-Tim

G

·
just use a dremel tool with a grinding disc and cut the head of one side of the pins thats all it takes then they pop out

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
That's about it, cut off the head of the pin and knock it out.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Fox bodies are famous for the sagging door issue. The hinge pins suck. As stated in the posts above me, a grinder to them and replace them in short order.

Richard

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well today I sawed the pins off with a sawzall and popped them out. I took out the old bushings and when I put the new ones in, the bottom hole of the bottom hinge was larger because it had grinded away. So I went to the auto parts store and bought a pack of assorted hinge pin bushings and put a slightly larger bushing in. Luckily it had the same inner diameter so the pin fit right in. Then I oiled everything up and tested the door. Works perfectly!:) No more slamming. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Could you me what auto parts store you found those assorted door hinge pins bushing, im thinking about changing my door pins an would like to have all the parts i need to do the job. thanks

G

·
Could you me what auto parts store you found those assorted door hinge pins bushing, im thinking about changing my door pins an would like to have all the parts i need to do the job. thanks
Advance , Autozone , Napa....

any auto parts store should have them,,,,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.