Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have problems when it is cold with their driver's side seat belt not retracting back like it should? Also, sometimes when putting it on it gets all jammed up. Is this something they can fix/replace? Thanks

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
GreenStang511 said:
Does anyone else have problems when it is cold with their driver's side seat belt not retracting back like it should? Also, sometimes when putting it on it gets all jammed up. Is this something they can fix/replace? Thanks
yeah, and yeah.

The dealer might do it for free, it's a voluntary recall item.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really...on the 2003...didn't know. Well I have 5000 miles before my warentee runs out. Hopefully they'll just do it.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
GreenStang511 said:
Really...on the 2003...didn't know. Well I have 5000 miles before my warentee runs out. Hopefully they'll just do it.
Mustang TSB and Mustang Recall Resource
Recalls & TSB's >> Tsb Lookup >> 2003 >> Ford >> Mustang
2003 Ford Mustang
Bulletin #: 042421
Sequence #: 10014138
Date: 12/13/2004
Component Name: 151300 seat belts:front:retractor
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang
Year: 2003
Summary: Safety belt retraction speed. *tt

http://www.mustangforums.com/recalls-and-tsbs/make_FORD/year_2003/TSB.htm

I keep forgetting most people don't drive 40,000 miles a year! My warranty was gone the 1st year!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it this also a problem on the passenger side as well? Mine works fine as of now, so I assume they wouldn't replace that one.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
GreenStang511 said:
So it this also a problem on the passenger side as well? Mine works fine as of now, so I assume they wouldn't replace that one.
You'd assume correctly, but since the dealer doesn't have to shell out anything, all you have to do is complain that it's "intermittent" and they'll probably do it -it's no skin off their noses . ..

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks for the info. Since you are the wizard, I have another question. The rocker panel on driver's side is a little loose. With that be warranty covered as well or should I just fix this?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
GreenStang511 said:
Hey thanks for the info. Since you are the wizard, I have another question. The rocker panel on driver's side is a little loose. With that be warranty covered as well or should I just fix this?
your warranty is bumper to bumper. If you have any problems, annoyances, etc, get 'em taken care of before the warranty is over!!!

:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.