Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having issues with my floor board popping like a mason jar lid... Anybody else have this problem, and have you had it fixed?

Please let me know

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
rodneylynn1977 said:
I am having issues with my floor board popping like a mason jar lid... Anybody else have this problem, and have you had it fixed?

Please let me know
When does it happen and how are you noticing it (sound or feel)? Also where specificaly do you notice it? Middle of the floorpan or up by the pedals?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stlwagon said:
When does it happen and how are you noticing it (sound or feel)? Also where specificaly do you notice it? Middle of the floorpan or up by the pedals?
Getting in or out, adjusting yourself in the seat...

I think it may be closer to the pedals!!! I would say its feel and a popping sound.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
rodneylynn1977 said:
Getting in or out, adjusting yourself in the seat...

I think it may be closer to the pedals!!! I would say its feel and a popping sound.
When the car is hot, cold, all the time?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
My friends has the popping noise in his 06, mine doesnt. Dont know what the fix may be

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
obviously Ford made them too thin, my 86Gt cracked, the zone manager approved it to be repaired by welding another piece under it.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
pcfrisch said:
obviously Ford made them too thin, my 86Gt cracked, the zone manager approved it to be repaired by welding another piece under it.
Someone could stand to lose a few pounds :grinroll:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've noticed it too. I think it's just thin sheet metal that flexes and pops when you step on it getting out of the car. I've made a mental note to try and not to pop it but it's just reflex most of the time to step on it while getting out.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Mine does it too! I can get it to do it almost whenever, if I wanted to. The floor pan just past the pedals seems thin and maybe it was not curved properly or something when assembled. I can get nearly the same thing to happen if I push down some on the top of my crapalier.

It's annoying in the stang - considering having the dealer fix it with my next "free" oil change.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have it also in my 05. Whenever I apply pressure with my left foot to get out or to reposition in my seat. Haven't had it looked at its just an occasional annoyance.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
pig703 said:
I have it also in my 05. Whenever I apply pressure with my left foot to get out or to reposition in my seat. Haven't had it looked at its just an occasional annoyance.
Let us know what the dealership says if they do give it a look.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Stoenr said:
Someone could stand to lose a few pounds :grinroll:
Let's leave your personal life out of this. :grinroll:
You are the king of off topic.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
pcfrisch said:
Let's leave your personal life out of this. :grinroll:
You are the king of off topic.
'
I concur with the first half of that statement. However, the second half may be the person I just quoted. :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
06 here...never heard that sound. Manufactured Nov 05

·
Registered
162 Posts
AirGoNomyk said:
06 here...never heard that sound. Manufactured Nov 05
I've never actually heard mine pop. I can just feel it give way when I step on it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts