Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed before but I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of reference material or a good description of how to repair the issue. My window won't roll up or down but I can push it up or down. I can hear the motor running which leads me to believe that it is the gears that are stripped out. I'm ready to dive in and get it done but I don't want to do so blindly. So, where do I go and what do I do?

·
Registered
806 Posts
I know this has been discussed before but I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of reference material or a good description of how to repair the issue. My window won't roll up or down but I can push it up or down. I can hear the motor running which leads me to believe that it is the gears that are stripped out. I'm ready to dive in and get it done but I don't want to do so blindly. So, where do I go and what do I do?
my window did that, not sure what caused it but the window didnt roll up. waited about 30 mins and it rolled back up..........did the window ever roll up??

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Could be off track or could be the motor. When you take the door panel off, it's still a little pain in the arse to reach in and see things.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, It wasn't working when I bought it last week. I am sure it is an easy fix; I was hoping someone knew of a link that showed how to replace the plastic gears. All the links I have come up with are old and not showing the pictures or just don't work. Might have to break down and get a Haynes repair manual...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I decided to just open it up and have at it. I bought a replacement motor assembly, installed it, and viola, window works perfectly. Took about a half hour or so from start to finish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts