Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start off, my car is a 2011 GT with a manual transmission. Build date is August 2010, and it only has about 2950 miles. Just a couple days ago I started experiencing a slight drivetrain shudder on take-offs. It feels like driving slowly over a rumble strip, and the vibrations seem to be coming from under the front seats or to the rear of the car. Right after start-ups is when it's worst, but the shuddering is still noticeable at stoplights and stop signs. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm taking it in to the dealership tomorrow to get the transmission fluid changed and am definitely going to ask about this problem.

·
Registered
459 Posts
To start off, my car is a 2011 GT with a manual transmission. Build date is August 2010, and it only has about 2950 miles. Just a couple days ago I started experiencing a slight drivetrain shudder on take-offs. It feels like driving slowly over a rumble strip, and the vibrations seem to be coming from under the front seats or to the rear of the car. Right after start-ups is when it's worst, but the shuddering is still noticeable at stoplights and stop signs. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm taking it in to the dealership tomorrow to get the transmission fluid changed and am definitely going to ask about this problem.
Is it right during clutch engagement? If so you're getting a chattering clutch. I've got it too. My dealer told me straight up to just drive the car harder. I don't have the shudder on hard take offs, so I guess that's the case. I don't have another answer for it at this point, but it's the least of my worries with the MT82.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it right during clutch engagement? If so you're getting a chattering clutch. I've got it too. My dealer told me straight up to just drive the car harder. I don't have the shudder on hard take offs, so I guess that's the case. I don't have another answer for it at this point, but it's the least of my worries with the MT82.
Yeah that's exactly when it happens. I'll try getting the rpms up a little more then. Thanks for the help. With all the horror stories about the mt82, I just want to make sure nothing is breaking on me.

·
Registered
297 Posts
get your dealer to check the pressure plate bolts.

beers

J

·
0 Posts
I get a mild shudder on take off as well, it was worse before and made a banging sound which turned out to be my pressure plate bolts. They were replaced with the new spec bolts but I still get mild shudder when taking off from a hill or anytime I have to slip the clutch more than normal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here I thought I was alone with that issue. It only happened one day to me. Acted the same, out of the blue when the car was around a week old. I left a light and felt the shudder and it wouldnt go away. I stopped and shut it of to go shopping in a store for around 30 minutes and when I came out and started driving it was gone. Had felt like a u-joint had went bad...a driveline vibration? I think it may have been a traction control fault? half on half off or something.

Hasnt done it since... and that was 7 months and 15000 kms ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts