Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am about to buy a 6spd tr6060 kit (with .72 and .50 5th and 6th) from d&d with with the 1pc aluminum driveshaft, moser hardened 31 spline axels and a detroit true trac with frpp 3.73 gears, and gunna put in a exedy mach 700 clutch. My tuner says the clutch is very streetable. Any other experiences? Also I am hoping with the deep 5th and 6th gear the my highway mpg should go up. What do you guys think? I am looking for overall opinions of this setup and what some of tour experiences have been.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come early next year the forged bottom end gets installed and I am shooting for 550rwhp for a daily. That's another reason for wanting to bullet proof the drivetrain.

B
0 Posts
There are a few companies offering new gear selections for the 3650 and claim to hold up to 800lb/ft torque for much less. I am contemplating ordering the gear set and having Libertys do the metal treatmants and face plate the gears along with other upgrades to the 3650. This way I can keep my D/S and current shifter.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Those Moser axles aren't really any stronger than stock. If it were me, which of course it isn't, I'd weld in 3" axle tubes and put in 35 spline induction hardened axles. But even if you stick with the stock 8.8 from end-to-end, it can be strengthened pretty well with just welded tube braces (to prevent flex and deflection) and a good girdle such as LPW's.

That's the setup I'm running now until I get a full 9" rear.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So.... I got the Transmission installed. Here is the list of new mods:

Exedy Lightweight Flywheel
Exedy Mach 700 Clutch
D&D Tremec TR6060 (GT500 gearing)
FRPP Short throw shifter
D&D Custom one piece aluminum Drive shaft
Drive shaft safety loop
Detroit TruTrac Diff (Kept 3.55 gears for now)
FRPP Rearend Girdle

Big thanks to Dyno Joe Performance in Houston. Great guy, and great work!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts