Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is somewhat derived from my last thread but I haven't heard much about something that I've heard in the past.

What is your take on the way you drive your car and how it responds? I've been told a long time ago that if you drive consistently spirited, then your car will respond with a spirited attitude. Is this really true?

I guess if you took two Mustangs, one driven gently, and the other driven hard all the time, what would have the better quarter mile? I mean, it sounds like the computer reacts to how you're driving that instant, and at that instant only.

Can anyone shed light on this? I hope this hasn't been somewhere else in the forums - I don't want to repeat. Thank you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Manual transmission vehicles will not "learn" how you drive. Most modern automatics will, and will shift according to your habits and how the throttle is applied.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Is it a mechanical issue or human? I'll granny it for most of the work commute to save gas and wear and tear. But, when I start crackin gears and my blood gets pumpin, she runs like she's suppose to.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Manual transmission vehicles will not "learn" how you drive. Most modern automatics will, and will shift according to your habits and how the throttle is applied.
This is true about the 6R80 automatic and that's why I
drive like a maniac.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Get out and start beating on it, these aren't focuses....ponies are meant to run.... Give it a proper break in!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts