Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is somewhat derived from my last thread but I haven't heard much about something that I've heard in the past.

What is your take on the way you drive your car and how it responds? I've been told a long time ago that if you drive consistently spirited, then your car will respond with a spirited attitude. Is this really true?

I guess if you took two Mustangs, one driven gently, and the other driven hard all the time, what would have the better quarter mile? I mean, it sounds like the computer reacts to how you're driving that instant, and at that instant only.

Can anyone shed light on this? I hope this hasn't been somewhere else in the forums - I don't want to repeat. Thank you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Manual transmission vehicles will not "learn" how you drive. Most modern automatics will, and will shift according to your habits and how the throttle is applied.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Is it a mechanical issue or human? I'll granny it for most of the work commute to save gas and wear and tear. But, when I start crackin gears and my blood gets pumpin, she runs like she's suppose to.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Get out and start beating on it, these aren't focuses....ponies are meant to run.... Give it a proper break in!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts