Ford Mustang Forum banner

Droning on and on.

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  smedin 
If you want to hear a really great sounding Axle-back muffler... go to http://www.grabthepower.com/ , select SOUNDS from the menu bar, then Ford, then Mustang and choose the sound clips for the 05's.

I do like mine a lot... they have been on my 05 GT for about four months. I can guarantee you they are the most unique sounding muffler for a 4.6L 3V on the market. They aren't baffled inside, they have what IMCO calls a double wing (which is a way of directing the exhaust flow through the muffler), there is a drone between 1800-2100 RPM. I will continue to put up with this little annoyance to have the overall sound of these mufflers, deep at startup and acceleration and a really great sound on decelaration, no popping or cracking.... 3.90/4.10 gears will fix any drone at cruising speeds in 4th or 5th gear.

Give a listen.... we're all different. :thumbsup

Bobby

I paid $314.00 including shipping.... bought them on e-Bay.... however I just checked on the seller's site and it wasn't there. The shop where I had all my parts installed is an IMCO distributor.... I will call him tomorrow and see what he can get them for. If he can get the Extreme 55506 I'll post the price and his address. :thumbsup .... You might contact 918chef who has a post on this site 'IMCO's does anyone have them", he purchased a set, they arrived damaged so he cancelled his order.

Bobby

SMEDIN.... You can get a set of IMCO Extreme 55506 axle-backs from Quality Tire & Auto Service.. 505-326-0226.. his warehouse has two sets and they are $357.00 plus shipping... he didn't say how much the shipping would be... I got mine by UPS Ground and I believe it was about $35.00.... Hope this helps.
Bobby :thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.