Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group

Yesterday here in Central California it was a beautiful afternoon, so at 4:00 in the afternoon I decided to drop the top for the drive home. About half way down it sounded like something caught, looked up and top started down as if the frame was bent, stopped it, brought it back up past where it was and started again, same thing, stopped brought it back up and did it again. This time the top went down like it should. Got to my buddies garage, talk awhile about the 69 trannie swap job and then started home. It was colder then so I started to put the top up and had to go throught the same dance again and finally it went up to the windshield but with a lot of noise and it was out of alinement, pulled it in place and snapped it down. Drove home which was accompanyed by rattleing from the windows which wouldn't seat correctly and called my service manager at Herithage Ford here in Modesto and I have an appointment Wednesday at 4:00 after work. For a year and a half the top has worked flawlessly with no problems. I don't understand, any of you out there ever have that happen. The 04 drop top has been beautiful. It just went crazy on me.

Jess

·
Registered
98 Posts
:?: It sounds like one of the pins holding one of the arms has broken. This happened on my 88 vert the exact way. The two arms are held together by a roll pin and it broke in half. One side came out easily and the other had to be drilled out. Also a set pin was replaced. Good luck on your repair. :eyebulge:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.