Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am also looking at a stroker kit. I posted a week or so ago and no one had any negative things to say about dss. Someone suggested looking at Fordstroker.com (I may have misspelled it).

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
DSS is fine, you'll have a hard time finding anything negative about them because there isn't any. I've used their parts and engines for years and haven't had a problem. The only problem I have had was an oil pump that locked up but DSS had nothing to do with that.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I've always been a Strong Advocate of DSS but recently I've been hearing lots of guys have had problems with their motors??
I'm not sure what's goin on?

R

·
0 Posts
I've always been a Strong Advocate of DSS but recently I've been hearing lots of guys have had problems with their motors??
I'm not sure what's goin on?

i guess its like anything else

production goes up and the quality goes down....

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
That's true, when things speed up then quality can take a hit. Based on the years of great parts and engines, I wouldn't write them off totally due to one having a problem.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
That's true, when things speed up then quality can take a hit. Based on the years of great parts and engines, I wouldn't write them off totally due to one having a problem.
I fully agree with you Eagle but it seems the machining has been less than stellar recently at DSS, quite a few failures due to improper clearances..

Looking for Head Info

·
Registered
44 Posts
just thought I'd chime in... I would suggest a motor from Woody @ fordstrokers.com

It's well documented on how he stands behind his products and his customer service is top notch.

R

·
0 Posts
just thought I'd chime in... I would suggest a motor from Woody @ fordstrokers.com

It's well documented on how he stands behind his products and his customer service is top notch.

+! on that.......:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
I fully agree with you Eagle but it seems the machining has been less than stellar recently at DSS, quite a few failures due to improper clearances..

Looking for Head Info
No problem with speaking up, I just personally haven't heard about these problems. Since you have, good thing you let the rest of us know. :bigthumbsup
That just makes me wonder what the deal is now.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm having a 331 stroker built by Woody at Fordstrokers based on the very positive feedback I've read about him here and online. I thought about DSS for a minute, but I think they're getting too big and quality control is suffering lately. Hopefully they'll sort their **** out. Go with Woody!!!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Ok I read all the posts and they just stopped in April. How did it turn out? What caused your vibration? From reading everything I would say that shop did something and were brushing you off.

They would not get my business. The least they could do was go outside and look at your car. Better they didn't since you probably wouldn't have taken your car to another shop.

I still haven't figured it out. I tried doing a compression test and I couldn't get a reading on my tool. So for now I'm still lost.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I just bought a DSS 331 motor recently. It runs good it seems like it gains more power every time I drive it. I don't know if the computer is stilling learning the engine. It is pretty strong motor though. The only problem I'm having is figuring out why the car sometimes does not start after it get hot. I have a new Dist.. Maybe it could be the solenoid going out I don't know. I still need to get a dyno tune. How much more power would a good tune add to 331 with all the goodies such as alumnium heads and all the other bolt ons?

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Glad to hear your pleased with your DSS shabbyblue, don't get me wrong I'm not writing them off,their 306 Bullet shortblock was a thing of beauty in the early 90's, balanced & blueprinted stuffed with high quality forged internals for $1500, many Blue Ovalers used them as foundations (along with Ronnie Crawfords) for Blower Motors in the Renegade Class at Fun Ford, Damm those where the Days!:gringreen

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.