Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today as I drove home, I turned on the AC and almost instantly the Check Engine light came on. I got out my SCT SF3 tuner and read the codes. Here are the 2 codes it gave me:

P0430 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (b2)

P1260 - Theft Detected, Vehicle Immobilized

I am not very good with Check Engine lights and DTC's.
I think the P0430 code is caused by the fact that I have an off-road H pipe without MIL eliminators. Does b2 mean bank 2? Where or what is b2?
Also, does anyone know what I should do for the P1260? I have gotten a replacement key from Ford and one off the internet because I lost one. Now I have 2 new keys and 1 original that works for my car. Would this give the P1260 code?
All help is highly appreciated!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The p0430 might be because you have a leak in your exhaust. I had the same code even though I have a catted x-pipe and i went and got my exhaust checked over and they found a couple small leaks and they fixed them and the code went away. as for the theft one.... no idea man sorry

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
if you have the sct tuner go ahead and shut off the rear (downstream) o2 sensors. you dont need mil eliminators for that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do I shut them off? I got a custom tune with my SCT tuner from American Muscle. I told them the mods I have (including the off-road H), so wouldn't they be turned off by the tune?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
they might have no shut them off. go under "modify tune" or something like that and search for shutting off the rear o2 sensors. the devices are pretty user friendly it shouldnt be too difficult.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
The Theft code is probably due to the aftermarket key you were using. If you can, identify your OE key and stick to it. Sometimes keys fail or are damaged, too. Finally, it could be that you just had a short in the wiring harness and hitting the AC caused a jolt to the whole car. This can trigger strange ghosts in the machine problems.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I emailed American Muscle and they sent me a custom tune the next day. They say it should shut off the rear O2 sensors and not give me a code. :happydance:
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should I be concerned with the P1260 - Theft Detected, Vehicle Immobilized? I cleared it and the car seems fine. I use my new key that Ford programmed for me.
Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.