Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Check Engine light came on today in my 1998 Mustang GT and this code I got (also got a P0430 - not important here). What should I do for this P1260 code? The details on my SCT SF3 were Theft Detected, Vehicle Immobilized. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? My car runs fine... I have gotten replacement keys in the past. :headscratch:
All and any help is highly appreciated!

·
Banned
950 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a spare key from my local Ford dealer. I also programmed another key that I bought from the Internet. So now I have 3 keys: 1 original, 1 from Ford, and 1 from the Internet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dis you fix your problem

My Check Engine light came on today in my 1998 Mustang GT and this code I got (also got a P0430 - not important here). What should I do for this P1260 code? The details on my SCT SF3 were Theft Detected, Vehicle Immobilized. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? My car runs fine... I have gotten replacement keys in the past. :headscratch:
All and any help is highly appreciated!
I have code P1260 and don't know what to do .

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
I have code P1260 and don't know what to do .
I've had that code pop up before, I can only assume it was because I had accidentally set off the dealer installed keyless entry alarm. The code didn't trip the CEL, but it came up on my tuner while looking for something else, and didn't affect the cars ability to start or anything so I just cleared the code and moved on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts