Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having two problems:

1. I had this problem before the 10K service the fuel gage dropped from F to E and a massage appeared "dte fli data err", after reporting this to the dealer, they ask me to keep the car for two days to solve the problem, they said that " the car re-programmed" for two day I was having no problems, again the same problem appeared.
  2. The problem of fueling the car, it keeps cutting off.

Please help, any body having any clue!! :sosad:

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Haows said:
I’m having two problems:
  1. I had this problem before the 10K service the fuel gage dropped from F to E and a massage appeared "dte fli data err", after reporting this to the dealer, they ask me to keep the car for two days to solve the problem, they said that " the car re-programmed" for two day I was having no problems, again the same problem appeared.

I have seen earlier in the forum that dirty gas is one cause to your problem with the fuel sensor.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Haows said:
I’m having two problems:
Haows, first welcome to our site!

Do a search on here, some have fixed your first problem with using Chevron gass and fuel system cleaner... another search with the fill problem will give you 100's of hits. It is a known issue, if your car was built before March 2005... or maybe you got an old tank assembly? Your dealer can look up the TSB on the filling prob... otherwise here is the info...

TSB data for:
2005 FORD MUSTANG
Bulletin Number: 0548
Sequence Number: 10014651
Date: 20050307
Component Name: 090000 FUEL SYSTEM, OTHER
Make: FORD
Model: MUSTANGYear: 2005
Summary: Slow, hard to fill tank

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you guys,

I'll use the fuel cleaner, and I'll let know the results.

My car manufactured on November 04, and the dealer replaced the fuel tank, but the problem still there, they are saying that this problem was reported to the company, now for three months I'm waiting for Ford to reply!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fuel sending unit should be replaced to solve the dte fli data error

The problem was not solved after using the fuel cleaner, as per Ford dealer “the fuel sending unit should be replaced”, already they ordered the part and it’ll be replaced soon :laughlitt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The problem solved

I was thinking that this is not a major problem and I’ll get it fixed during next 15k service.

One thing I did, I changed the type of fuel which I was using for my car “I started filling with another fuel station”, after few days the problem disappeared, and didn’t show again:laughlitt

The problem seems to be with fuel quality, and the fuel sending unit seems to be very sensitive to the dirt, try to change the fuel type and hope your problem will be solved.

Good luck.:winks

·
Registered
358 Posts
My 05 just went over 10k and a problem came up.
The fuel gauge drops to Empty and I get the error code:
DTE FLI DATA ERR
Then it returns to normal after about a minute.
Now the sulfer issue cannot apply because all I put in the car is Chevron Mid Grade.
Any ideas?
I will be taking it in to the dealer Monday but would like to go in with a little knowledge of what may be the cause.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Fixed? Time will tell.

Back from the dealer.
Service manager told me that he is seeing this more and more on the Mustang.
They have tried the techroline but that hasnt worked on most that came in.
They replaced my sender and Fuel pump.
He said he hasnt seen one come back yet they fixed this way.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
ixtlan said:
Back from the dealer.
Service manager told me that he is seeing this more and more on the Mustang.
They have tried the techroline but that hasnt worked on most that came in.
They replaced my sender and Fuel pump.
He said he hasnt seen one come back yet they fixed this way.
You got a free fuel pump out of the deal because it the fuel level sending unit that goes bad.

My question is: Why is it that I know this yet the dealer does not?

·
Registered
358 Posts
5twenty said:
You got a free fuel pump out of the deal because it the fuel level sending unit that goes bad.

My question is: Why is it that I know this yet the dealer does not?
Beats me.
May have been more to the error, or more errors than I could see.
I heard there was a problem with the pumps anyway.
Might have just been saving me trip later.
It is a good dealership to deal with.
I would recommend to anyone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been getting this error (DTE FLI DATA ERROR) for the last nine months on my 2006 Mustang GT. I've ran the error by the dealer a couple of times over the phone and they've had no idea, just bring it in. Well, knowing computers and intermittent problems like I do I've held off trying to get some depth to the symptoms (i.e. does it do it in the morning, after it warms up, when the tank is full or empty, etc.). It's rather random but I did take a right turn in a 'somewhat spirited manner' the other day and, sure enough, the error popped up briefly. I believe it's in the sending unit(s) and there seems to be some activity on this error in the other forums too. I have an appointment w/ the dealer on Monday and I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dte Fli Data Error

OK, the dealer (South Bay Ford) can't duplicate the error and won't change any parts until the do (BS). Does anyone have a number for another dealer that I can either take my Mustang to or my dealer can confer with in order to get this issue resolved?
thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dte Fli Data Err

I Took the Mustang in and the pumps/ sending units were changed. The error came back within the week and has happened five times since. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
DTE FLI Data Error - Sending Unit Replaced

I just got mine back from the dealer today after this error and many other error faults that came up at the same time. They replaced the sending unit. 1st visit for engine light was for a fuel pump and 2nd visit for engine light was a cannister back at the tank? I have to say it seems to be much more responsive in 3rd gear than what it was......

I've been running premium now for 2 months because of pinging and they tell I can now switch back to 87 octane.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello i'm new here , i do have a problem with mustang 2007 , dte is flashing and head lights are gone, also no windows power and traction contol is down, cant unlock transmission by pressing brake"automatic" except this low oil indicator and other stuff is blinking. hope for some advise

·
Registered
358 Posts
Check your smart junction box for water ect..
Engine bay r side.
Could be there lies your problem.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Problems with my mustang

I have been reading a few posts and I see that there isn"t much that has gone wrong or that I need to know about my car that isn't already on here.Sorry to be a rookie but this is kinda exciting to learn about this stuff.-D

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I have been reading a few posts and I see that there isn"t much that has gone wrong or that I need to know about my car that isn't already on here.Sorry to be a rookie but this is kinda exciting to learn about this stuff.-D
You'll catch on fast! :bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 22 Posts