Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy, I had GT takeoffs on my other V6 and my uncle was the one that worked on the car putting the dual exhaust on. He is over seas and can't really help right now with my question. I am thinking of getting the american thunder or the borla stingers dual exhaust. I understand that the pipe is smaller for our V6 compared to the GT and the shop I took it to didn't want to do it if I had the mufflers sent to them. With that happening I was kind of mad that it might not work but I know I have seen people on here with those mufflers on the V6. What all do I need to get to have it installed on my car safe without causing problems if I actually can find a shop to do it since I don't have the tools to do it myself.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hey guy, I had GT takeoffs on my other V6 and my uncle was the one that worked on the car putting the dual exhaust on. He is over seas and can't really help right now with my question. I am thinking of getting the american thunder or the borla stingers dual exhaust. I understand that the pipe is smaller for our V6 compared to the GT and the shop I took it to didn't want to do it if I had the mufflers sent to them. With that happening I was kind of mad that it might not work but I know I have seen people on here with those mufflers on the V6. What all do I need to get to have it installed on my car safe without causing problems if I actually can find a shop to do it since I don't have the tools to do it myself.
i have a 05 v6 and i bought gt catback borla stingers this piping is 2.5'' all the way through. i guess it was easy to install because it cost me $120 to install with a custom H pipe made for me. everything i needed came in the box.

btw nice choice on exhaust. if i did not spend the extra money on Borla i definitely would have bout the american thunder

·
Registered
297 Posts
sounds like you need to find a better exhaust shop.

should be an easy conversion. same as you've had before.

always hated shops that won't accept parts you bring in, i've even had trouble bringing in Ford Racing parts to my local Ford dealership to install.

it's a CONSPIRACY!

sorry for ranting on your thread...good luck

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't think it would have been a problem, but I guess some exhaust shops don't like money. I wish I could do it myself but I don't have a place that has what I need like my uncles garage. I will look around more thanks for the help I thought maybe these types of exhaust were a little harder to do or something and that was why they wouldn't let me send the parts to them and do the install.

·
Registered
531 Posts
my cat back borla stingers are bolt on its very easy. those shops want to make money by selling you their mufflers. just buy the setup you want and look around for a decent shop that wont charge you an arm and a leg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts