·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
AHound said:
While scouting out a possible dual exhaust system for my v6, I stumbled on this one ( http://www.partshopper.com/shop/MAC-Exhaust-System-99-04-V6-Mustang-m75.html ) .

I've heard some good things about MAC, but wanted some opinions. Will it add horses even though its not a "true" dual system?
MAC totally redesigned most of their stuff, so I can't say anything about quality. The previous stuff wasn't great.

Jest a muffler swap is good for 5-7 horses. The old MAC system was good for 12-14. Who knows about the new improved stuff.

The BEST systems will get you 16 hp or so.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a mac dual exhaust system with custom H-pipe off rpm outlet.com I didn't get more than 7 ponies off it, but teamed up with CAI and programmer u will be hanging with a 01-04 GT. As far as the dual exhaust just go to the shop that will install the exhaust and tell them to make a H-pipe for u.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
philmac said:
I have a mac dual exhaust system with custom H-pipe off rpm outlet.com I didn't get more than 7 ponies off it, but teamed up with CAI and programmer u will be hanging with a 01-04 GT. As far as the dual exhaust just go to the shop that will install the exhaust and tell them to make a H-pipe for u.
was it a 2.5 or 2.25" system?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
philmac said:
2.5, I tried looking up the kit i bought, but rpmoutlet doesn't sell it any more but v6mustangstuff.com does
yeah, 2.5 is a little too big with an h-pipe. I'm frankly surprised you got any power out of it!

was that 7 over base or 7 more than with your other mods?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After talking to the guy who owns the local stang shop, I decided not to go with the MAC system. Instead, I had them just cut the pipe and add a second flowmaster.

It sounds awesome! :eyepoppin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.