Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing my ZEX nitrous kit I quickly found I would need the dual bottle setup. FISHINGJTS (Screaming Yellow) has a very nice dual bottle setup but I am not willing to take out my Shaker 1000 subwoofers like fishingjts had to do. I am thinking of putting the second bottle in the center, between the spare tire well and the back seats but to do this I may have to mount it "sideways". Does anyone have any experience mounting bottles sideways? I think it's not the preferred method but I also think I've seen it done before. Pro and cons?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fleg said:
What would effect it being mounted sideway?
There is a tube inside the bottle that sucks up the liquid nitrous. It is bent so it goes all the way down to the bottom edge of the bottle. If you don't have this tube oriented correctly the tube will be sucking "air" instead of liquid. Imagine trying to get the last bit of a soda from a drinking cup using a straw. If you tilt the cup and put the end of the straw on the wrong side of the bottom of the cup you just get air and no liquid. Now image doing this at strong acceleration. You'll notice that most people orient their bottles so the valve part points toward the front of the car with the valve end of the bottle tipped up a bit. This is so that under acceleration the liquid inside is force to one side of the bottom of the bottle, where the end of that tube is. If you turned the bottle around so the valve was pointing toward the rear, all the liquid would be forced to the valve end of the bottle under acceleration and you wouldn't get pure liquid nitrous if your bottle is not completely full.

The bottom line is if not mounted correctly you will never be able to use all the nitrous in your bottle. I just wonder if anyone has ever mounted their bottle like this and wonder if they had any problems that would persuade me to not mount this way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts