Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody seen what a ducktail spoiler looks like on a convertible? i love the looks of them on the coupes but wanted to know how it would look on a convertible. any pics out there? opinions on the idea are welcome!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
try this: www.ponybuilder.com

you can build you a convertible with a three different types ducktails and view it. click on the thumbnail image on the lower corner to view the back end. as you can see, it is an awesome site, you can add a variety of aftermarket parts and if your pocketbook is big enough, it itemizes a list for you of the parts you choose to make your dream pony. hit order and the parts can all be purchased right there!:happyhapp oh if $$$ were no object.....

BTW, the CDC ducktail IMHO looks just as killer on a vert as it does on a coupe! the others are nice too but the 3rd brake light just doesnt look right on the new mustang to me... especially with a ducktail. i prefer to delete it. CDC also has a $40 LED brake light kit so that you can install a new one on your headliner near the rear window. you see it only when you hit your brakes. keeps you legal:winks

·
Registered
357 Posts
GTNOS said:
CDC also has a $40 LED brake light kit so that you can install a new one on your headliner near the rear window. you see it only when you hit your brakes. keeps you legal:winks
No legal hassle in Ohio for covering up the third brake light...just as long as BOTH your regular brake lights are working.

I think it would look good!

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
ducktail

I think the duck tail is simply awesome on the Verts. I have a GT Vert, and I am in the process of picking up a duck tail. My problem is which duck tail. I do not like the "stick on with 3M tape" spoiler, I want it secured with screws. My wife is oposed to the Rousch ducktail (she thinks it make the rear too long), but we both like the Xenon, the 3D Carbon and even the CDC spoilers. I personally favor the Xenon. I just need to make sure it is attached using something other than 3M tape alone.

·
Registered
816 Posts
mrvandermey said:
My problem is which duck tail. I do not like the "stick on with 3M tape" spoiler.... I just need to make sure it is attached using something other than 3M tape alone.
I really don't understand the aversion people have to the 3M tape?? The spoiler will not come off it both surfaces are prepped properly. Do you plan on standing on the thing? Are you going to use it as a snow plow? Don't think so. Once you drill holes there is no going back (without expensive body and paint work). What if a few years from now you decide you really don't like the look anymore? At least with the 3M tape you can remove the spoiler and go on your way. My .02 :wavey

Attachments

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
2k5GTC said:
I really don't understand the aversion people have to the 3M tape?? The spoiler will not come off it both surfaces are prepped properly. Do you plan on standing on the thing? Are you going to use it as a snow plow? Don't think so. Once you drill holes there is no going back (without expensive body and paint work). What if a few years from now you decide you really don't like the look anymore? At least with the 3M tape you can remove the spoiler and go on your way. My .02 :wavey
That tape is so strong it COULD take paint off with it, so I caution you if you choose to remove it later.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
ducktail

2k5GTC said:
I guess my concern is that I am from Califonria, where car vadalism and teft of car parts can be high. I just do not want to be at a mall (or some place) and someone yank on the tail hence ripping it off (literally) and taking off with it as well as causing paint damage. Also, I plan on keeping this for more than a few years (although I may get others, this one is special), so I have concerns about how long 3M tape will last. I grant that I may be paranoid for no reason or due to lack of experience with such. I am open to all possibilities.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
ducktail

2k5GTC said:
I guess my concern is that I am from California, where car vandalism and theft of car parts can be high. I just do not want to be at a mall (or some place) and someone yank on the tail hence ripping it off (literally) and taking off with it as well as causing paint damage. Also, I plan on keeping this car for more than a few years (although I may get others, this one is special), so I have concerns about how long 3M tape will last. I grant that I may be paranoid for lack of experience with such. I am open to all possibilities.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.