Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I'd share with everyone the dumbest ticket I've ever heard of, that I was "lucky" enough to get this morning. A twp cop pulled me over from the highway because I have a license plate cover on my car. Proceeded to take 30 minutes to write the ticket, after I told him I was on my way to work, and charged me $75 for it! He also told me, as he was writing it, that he normally doesn't write tickets for this and told me I was "lucky". Really? Lucky?:iamwithstupid:
The thing is I've been pulled by another cop, neither time for speeding, and he never even mentioned it.

·
0 Posts
Dumbest one ever was a ticket for "racing" in my '87 Mustang GT even though I was the only person on the road.

That was written as a warning in addition to my actual citation for speeding, which I was absolutely guilty of. But as I told the ******* cop at the time, "The only two dumb enough to be out here at this time of night are me and you!"

(I was breaking-in my new engine and paying attention to the tach while seating the rings instead of the speedometer, and thanks to the 2.73 gears I had at the time I was doing 65 in a 40 on the high end of the RPM for seating them.)

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
he charged you $ on the spot? how are you lucky if he wrote you a ticket? go to court, tell them that you didnt know about the cover and that you have removed it. i was pulled over once for the same thing, i told the cop i didnt know and i removed it.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
I got a ticket one time while driving my Monte Carlo for "stopping too far into an intersection" at a stop sign. I was on a deserted road, at night, no other cars in sight. I stopped out into the intersection about a foot past the stop sign.

If I would have been driving my Mustang, Im sure the cop would have charged me with stunt driving and impounded my car. So
i guess I was lucky.:winks

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Well not sure what the cover is on your plate buuuuuut, over the years many people have pushed well past reasonable limits.

I see plenty of cars that the plate is virtually unreadable via dark tint, etc. Rather than make a myriad rules and regulation it's easier and more enforceable to just say nothing covers the plate. Stops guys from trying to game the system.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The dumbest ticket I have ever got was for "drag racing" and the car that was ahead of me when getting pulled over was my boss, how great is that. He wrote us both "drag racing" tickets because we both passed a car that was doing 20 in a 25.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I have illegal tint on my car. I'm taking a chance every time I drive it. If I get pulled for it, I have no one to blame but myself. I love the grabber blue but it's a real attention getter. $75 hurts. Sorry to hear it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My dumbest was to completely to forget to renew my license plate tags. I was pulled over in rush hour traffic by a VA trooper. I had no clue what he could be stopping me for. When he got to my window he did ask if I knew why he stopped me; I replied " it certainly wasn't for speeding !" Anyway, he wrote me up and I promptly renewed the license tag.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got one for my break lights being "too dark", their smoked tail lights and it was in the middle of the day, the cop charged me $160 and told me I was lucky I wasn't getting arrested most cops are just dicks I still have the smoked tail lights and you can always clearly see the light at night

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
this wasnt a ticket but i was the dumb one............. i was young and dumb and i had an 01 s2000 a ways back. well one day i was on the interstate and a turbo eclipse pulls next to me, we both hit and i was walking him, i got up to 130mph, yeah, i was a dumb kid. well i start slowing down and bam..... i pass a cop parked on the side of the highway. he cant pull out due to lots of traffic behind me so i get off the next exit and hide. i hid for like 10mins, put the top down and left where i was at. as i pass the bridge of the interstate the cop is coming the opposite way and see's me, he turns around to come behind me and i pull into a gas station and start heading inside. he pulls next to me and says license and registration when you come out of the store, so i leave the store, head to my car and i asked whats the problem....... he said i got you earlier doing 105mph.......... i said, that wasnt me, i wasnt on the interstate today, he says i know that was you. i told him honda made more than 1 red s2000 in 2001, not just mine. he said, you know how much a ticke for 105 is? im like..... no, but im not worried about it cause that wasnt me. he told me to slow down and left.

yea...... i was lucky he didnt get me right on the spot, he couldnt prove it was me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
WHen I had my civic -- got a hole in the muffler from a bad frost heave I hit during the winter. Got pulled over by a NYS Trooper and ticked for a "Modded Muffler" and "disturbing the peace" Said it right on the ticket. It was bone stock exhaust system. lol. two $85 Surcharges and $50 for the exhaust and $100 for the disturbing the peace.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
In regards to tailight tint, the law in FL is that it needs to be visible from 500 ft at night 1000 during the day, atleast thats what i believe it is, havnt looked at the statute for a little,

And i hear you on that red, my friend and i in his 03 SVT focus(thank got he got a built GT) were racing a TL in the city on thanksgiving, and passed a cop in a parking lot, after a lot of drifting and what not we got into someones driveway, well like 30 minutes later we went to leave and the cop was in the same place, he pulled us over and goes...You were doing over 100 in a 45 AND street racing...we were like "No sir, not us", he goes "i know it was you cause of the lightning vinyl" and my friend goes...i got it on ebay millions have been sold what proof do you have, since he hadnt got our plate number we got off.

As for my stupidist ticket, id just done a retune and people were doing 20 in a 45, once they moved over i floored it, was being a ****, hit 75 then noticed a lightbar on a crown vic coming towards me, i slowed down but still got pulled over by the trooper and tacked with 300 in ticket and expenses. And i was only 1 mile from home, and almost had gone the alternate route...i learned its better to go to the track from that one-20 bucks to speed legally versus 300+ not to

As for your ticket, i recently learned of that regulation, but you should be able to say you didnt know about it and have since removed the cover and not have to pay it. Although the court cost may negate the savings.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Dumbest ticket I ever got .. That's simple
It's 1:30 AM on a one way street (4 lanes all going in the same direction) the cop throws on his red light and on the loud speaker says PULL OVER.
I pulled over and the cop comes up and says: Let me see your drivers license and registration.
He then tells me I'm impeding the flow of traffic because I'm doing 20 MPH in a 25 MPH zone.
I said impeding the flow of traffic :?: theirs no one else on this street but me!
His reply was ... but you could have been.

And the next thing I heard was....

Sign Here and if you don't plan on spending the night in jail for not signing.... the choice is yours!

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
got stopped about a week ago for driving over some yellow paint near an intersection..no ticket, but written warning!...ok Roscoe

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
One of my first cars back in the eighties was a 1985 Grand Prix, I got pulled over 3 times in two weeks same cop same ticket.Window Tint,I went with the Limo Tint very very dark.and yea I finally took it off.story not over yet,I put a big NHRA Sticker in the middle of the rear window same cop pulls me over a week later tells me to take it off.I dont think he liked my car. I even had loud pipes on it never said anything about that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had to chime in on this one!

Sitting at a light looking to turn left. All lights at the intersection had changed twice. No traffic at all. I gunned it. Pulled into a Pizza Hut. Jumped out of the car only to see a State Patrolman roll up with lights on. Pointing at me!
Rolling down South 52 in NC. An old lady and a semi had the highway blocked, both rolling along at 55 mph. 5 miles later, already at my limit. I laid into it in my "78" Trans AM. Theres the blue light.
I got off on the first one (birthday), the second was reduced to 75 in a 65. I reached 87 before I saw him.
I both instances, both State Patrolmen got out of their vehicles with a big grins. Each one was directly behind me "the whole time".
Moral to the story, CHECK THE REAR VIEW. Geeze, Stupid is as stupid does.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Not a ticket, just a verbal warning. I was in my old 08 GT, at a stop light by the university, a car for of kids pulled up next turning left and I was going straight, after listening to the kids talk crap out of their rice burner about the stang, I was done hearing them, at that same time saw the light going the other direction turn yellow, so I figured the Magnaflows and KDWS's could do the rest of the talking, revved it up, sidestepped from the clutch to the brake, sitting there burning rubber waiting for the light to turn green, when it did I took off across the divided highway, didn't even make it across 4 lanes before I saw the Red and Blues glowing in the smoke, oh what a sight. Deputy comes up to me asks for DL and Registration, wife hands it over, asked if we had been drinking, absolutely not. Goes to his car, comes back and says "Mr. Spr**, you can't do that:nono:", I replied "Yes Deputy, I understand, but where were you?" he replied "Right behind you the entire time"

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
both instances, both State Patrolmen got out of their vehicles with a big grins. Each one was directly behind me "the whole time".
Moral to the story, CHECK THE REAR VIEW. Geeze, Stupid is as stupid does.
Didn't see your post until after I posted mine. Hahaha, exactly, check the rearview mirror!

·
Registered
220 Posts
ive only beed pulled over twice, the first was speeding 86 in a 65 witch i was doing second one was really stupid. i was sitting at the gas station right next to a cop right after i finished putting the wiring harness in my car. i did not put the airbag in the car for the first test drive. i guess the cop saw that it was missing and folowed me. when he came up to my car his first question was is the car mine told im it was. he asked for my liscense and registration. i have a kansas drivers liscenes and my car is tagged in kansas but i live in missuri because in military. after he came back he started asking me a hole bunch of stupid personal questions like my adress what i do for a living why im in missuri. i answerd all of them. then he proceded to try and search my car because he had reason to belive i stole it because it has out of state tags, im not from missuri and he had never seen the car before. i asked him how i could have stole it if is registered to me. after he could not come up with an aswere he finaly let me go after telling me if he sees the car without an airbag agin im going to jail.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts