Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I don't know if you guys have seen the Dynalicious dyno application for the iPhone / iPod Touch, but it's pretty cool.
You download a $13 application form iTunes and it turns the iPhone into a basic dyno using the built in accelerameter. I downloaded it two days ago.
You put in estimated driveline loss and vehicle weight and it back calculates accelation(0-60), ET, and horsepower like the old G-Meter with a nice little graph. You can save and compare runs, and it also has a skidpad that measures g's in all four directions.
Now the bad news - it doesn't calibrate yet. The software has a calibration feature to adjust for individual differences in the phones, but it hangs up. According to the support people, Apple has been given the updated software and are currently reviewing it. THey should make it available in about a week. Support also tells me they are working on a way to save skidpad info like they do speed runs.
I've done a couple runs, and it's a fun toy. I'm sure it's not 100% accurate, but for a $13 dyno, it's too much fun for words.
Check it out at http://www.dynolicious.com/
Any of you guys and gals with iPhones should check it out.

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Kind of like that G-tec that you see advertised on the tube.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
i've heard of this, i'm telling all of my friends with iphones to download it haha

M

·
0 Posts
I get a blank page with "coming soon..." lol
fixed link... "got to throw my razr under a bus, got to throw my razr under a bus..." :D

·
Registered
748 Posts
This little App is the most dangerous file I've EVER downloaded ANYWHERE, to ANYTHING.

The calibration complaints have been addressed!

I'm tellin' ya'll this App is EVIL, 'cos you'll be wasting tires and clutches faster than a Super Snake eats Accords.

On the way home from work today, I logged SIX runs

:racer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.