Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told you couldn't because of the governor, you will not get a full pull? True?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
True. You'll hit the speed limiter no matter what gear you have in the rear end.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Interesting......
I have the FRPP tune and was gonna dyno my car soon. I don't think it removes the speed limiter.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like it'll be a 4th gear pull for me.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Not true.
I have a 3.73 rear end and it hit the governor at 6800ish rpm, if you look at the dyno graph the peak horsepower is at 6500 rpm.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Not true.
I have a 3.73 rear end and it hit the governor at 6800ish rpm, if you look at the dyno graph the peak horsepower is at 6500 rpm.

Mine was done in 5th as well on dynojet and my numbers are close to these. 387 rwhp 380 rwtq also bone stock

OP if the place you are taking it to for dyno can't do a 5th gear pull, I would recommend taking it to someone who knows what they are doing :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine was done in 5th as well on dynojet and my numbers are close to these. 387 rwhp 380 rwtq also bone stock

OP if the place you are taking it to for dyno can't do a 5th gear pull, I would recommend taking it to someone who knows what they are doing :bigthumbsup
I am fairly ignorant to most of the technical stuff, but isn't 387 rwhp bone stock high?There were no mods at all?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Has anyone done back to back pulls in fourth and fifth to see what the difference really is? The dyno guy nearest me said it makes no difference.

·
Registered
792 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
544 Posts
I did a 4th and 5th gear pull with my Bama Performance tune on.

4th = 383RWHP, 360RWTQ

5th = 399RWHP, 382RWTQ

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Not true.

Shoot, I hit my governor @ around 6400RPM. Never dynoed the car, but I've "topped it out" a couple times. 5th won't redline before the gov kicks in. If I had 331's or 355's it would be worse!!!

I've also read of other having this problem on the dyno and having to use 4th gear instead.

About the peak horsepower @ 6500 RPM thing... My best track times are shifting 1st-3rd @ 6500. I agree. The motor kind of falls on it's face after 6500.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I did a 4th and 5th gear pull with my Bama Performance tune on.

4th = 383RWHP, 360RWTQ

5th = 399RWHP, 382RWTQ
That's cool. Glad to see some hard numbers. I wonder where this roughly 4 percent difference comes from? Also, this would mean that the 3.31 geared cars should have the highest dyno results.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Has anyone done back to back pulls in fourth and fifth to see what the difference really is? The dyno guy nearest me said it makes no difference.
I haven't dynoed my 13 GT yet but have many many dyno experience. For an example, my 2011 camaro 3rd gear difference was couple more ponies and few less tq than 4th, but nothing huge to stay with 1 gear.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I've been reading a little more and found that inertia dumps are the ones that have different readings. Supposedly, Dynojets automatically correct for it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've been reading a little more and found that inertia dumps are the ones that have different readings. Supposedly, Dynojets automatically correct for it.
So, with dynojets, it doesn't matter whether it's a 4th or 5th gear pull?

·
Registered
937 Posts
From what I can tell, there will be none. My last post was suppose to say inertia dynos, not dumps. Anyone wiser than me on the subject, chime in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts