Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2011 GT to dyno at Dirty Dirty Racing in Bedford Va. Pulled SAE 392 rwhp and 390 rwtq. Mods are Rousch axlebacks. Bama 93 performance tune, and Airaid cai. 3.73, M6, Brembos, dynojet would have been 403rwhp.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Sweet numbers!

From mustang dyno (or others that are loaded) to a dyno jet, usually it would be more than just 11rwhp difference. Most are about a 5% difference. So if yours was on a non loaded dyno, it would be more like 411.6rwhp, since you made 392 on a loaded dyno. . But your numbers sound closer to a dyno jet already. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Nice numbers...don't think I have seen any that are that close in HP and TQ.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lou did three pulls first was in 4th gear 375rwhp & 366 rwtq bad air fuel near 14. He called AM had them send another 93 race tune. That new tune pulled 390 rwhp & 378 rwtq a/f was spot on. Third pull was 93 performance tune and that one pulled 392.2 rwhp and 389.8 rwtq once again a/f was good. Temp was 88.3 F humidity 45%. Last two pulls was in 5th gear.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
That's an eddy-current dyno, from what I remember. Even with a good correction factor, it's still going to be about 4-5% low. Great numbers! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
927 Posts
Took my 2011 GT to dyno at Dirty Dirty Racing in Bedford Va. Pulled SAE 392 rwhp and 390 rwtq. Mods are Rousch axlebacks. Bama 93 performance tune, and Airaid cai. 3.73, M6, Brembos, dynojet would have been 403rwhp.
Great numbers !! Thanks for posting. They appear to be almost identical to those numbers posted last year on the Brenspeed site with the Steeda CAI and their 93 tune ..Thats the combo I run and enjoyed for almost a year now..

So my point is, these top tuners appear to be getting comparable results with quality CAI's and safe 93 octane tunes..

Enjoy ! :wavey

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lou did three pulls first was in 4th gear 375rwhp & 366 rwtq bad air fuel near 14. He called AM had them send another 93 race tune. That new tune pulled 390 rwhp & 378 rwtq a/f was spot on. Third pull was 93 performance tune and that one pulled 392.2 rwhp and 389.8 rwtq once again a/f was good. Temp was 88.3 F humidity 45%. Last two pulls was in 5th gear.

I guess Fred misunderstood my name the other day , its actually Willie not Lou LOL , but here is the dyno graph

You can see how lean it was on the first run , I am assuming the guys at AM just forgot to load in the SCT value file for the CAI on the Race tune the first time , I called and told them what was going on and you can see they fixed it in the next run the air/fuel was right on top of the other run , we actually ran the fixed Race tune last and it was 2 hp less than the performance tune so I am assuming the car is not going to take anymore timing than the performance tune had with the fuel we have around here ....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts