Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyno Results - JLT and Tune

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  tksuther 
#1 ·
Went to the dyno yesterday (again). I didn't bother running a new set of base numbers. My car was 262/284 RWHP/TQ when stock. Then I ran numbers without the pre-cat filter and got 265/285. Then I ran an Xcalibrator 93 octane tune from Alternative Auto (with pre-cat filter removed) and got 274/298. Then I added the JLT CAI with their Xcalibrator tune (plus 2 degrees of timing) and got 286/302. That's a gain of 24 RWHP and 18 ft/lbs. torque from bone stock, plus the benefit of much better throttle response. I did add Flowmaster American Thunder Axle Backs which are reflected in the 286/302 numbers but I didn't install them with any gain expectations (looks/sound only) and I doubt they contributed to any power increases. The attached dyno sheet shows my best run with a tune only (last trip to the dyno before this one) and my best with the JLT and mufflers. FWIW - I went to the dyno with a buddy that has a 4.6L Cobra (4V heads, twin O/H cams), underdrive pulleys, longtubes, Bassani cat-backs, timing adjuster and CAI. He was getting about 285/285 (which seems low to me).

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Good info...Thanks for the update Tom:wavey .....#'s aren't too bad at all.:happyhapp
With gas prices the way they are....I hate the thought of 93 though.

A thruflow catted X and thruflow catback system...plus maybe some air intake...should push you to 300rwhp....just a thought:cool: :)

James

PS....and Wheeeeeeeeels.:kooky: :smoke: :rollgrin:

#3 ·
One thought on the 93 Gas....

Assuming that you fill up once a week and put in 12 gal and the cost difference between regular and premium is 0.20/gal the yearly extra cost would be about $125.00 or $250.00 if you fill up twice a week....

I did the math before adding a few go fast goodies to my F150 truck. I really liked the results I got from a custom tune, cat back exhaust, and CAI. It added about 40hp and much better shifting & throttle responce....

I am holding off putting a tune in the mustang because I really want to get a supercharger for the car...

#4 ·
Nice resaults from your dyno run, congratts! :thumbup

About the fuel... (sorry to jump in and for beating a dead goat...?!?)

I asked the Allmighty guys at Modular Depot before tuning and they said 93 was the only way to go! I then asked where to get it as the cheap places have 92 as their highest octan. At which they kinda laughed and said, no no, don't put that crapp in your car, you NEED to get 93 from a real fuel station, Shell, Chevron, etc...!?!

I did the penny calculation and decided to take their advise. It is not much more and if they KNOW it works better, why not?

BTW, I LOVE my 'new' car. The engine mods, the tune, the shifter, it's angry! :naughty

G
#6 ·
tksuther, very good lab results man. It is guys like you who post the "bit by bit" bolt on mods to dyno results at each increment that show your cost of RWHP per dollars. Nice numbers btw.

You gained 24 RWHP/ 18 RWTQ and the snappier throttle response for not too much invested.

I think you can get a few more with Steeda underpullies. I did it and am at 300 RWHP/ 313 RWTQ . This week I am putting on an X-pipe and total cat back exhaust and I expect 10-15 RWHP addition and some greater torque values at the low end. I'll report after mod with the HOPEFULLY higher numbers. At worst case, I'll have cute shiney 3 Inch chrome tips sticking out in back. :grinroll: :nogrinner

I am surprised at your buddies numbers with that list of mods, just shows you how sweet the 2005 motors are I guess.

#7 ·
#8 ·
R3dF1r3 said:
tksuther, very good lab results man. It is guys like you who post the "bit by bit" bolt on mods to dyno results at each increment that show your cost of RWHP per dollars. Nice numbers btw.

You gained 24 RWHP/ 18 RWTQ and the snappier throttle response for not too much invested.

I think you can get a few more with Steeda underpullies. I did it and am at 300 RWHP/ 313 RWTQ . This week I am putting on an X-pipe and total cat back exhaust and I expect 10-15 RWHP addition and some greater torque values at the low end. I'll report after mod with the HOPEFULLY higher numbers. At worst case, I'll have cute shiney 3 Inch chrome tips sticking out in back. :grinroll: :nogrinner

I am surprised at your buddies numbers with that list of mods, just shows you how sweet the 2005 motors are I guess.
Thanks - if you think about it please PM me with your results in case I miss the thread. Shiney tips are a good thing! And yes my buddy was impressed and I think a little envious - but his Cobra is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.