Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the 2012 V6 'Stang to the local Mustang guy @ Ryan's Performance, DeRidder, LA.

Came out with 287RWHP / 257lb-ft @ 94deg ambient. Installed mods so far is an Airaid CAI, and 93 octane Bama 'hybrid' tune. Pretty pleased, all things considered. I'm going to run it again in the fall and see how it likes a little cooler ambients :)

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Nice numbers especially for the ambient!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Took the 2012 V6 'Stang to the local Mustang guy @ Ryan's Performance, DeRidder, LA.

Came out with 287RWHP / 257lb-ft @ 94deg ambient. Installed mods so far is an Airaid CAI, and 93 octane Bama 'hybrid' tune. Pretty pleased, all things considered. I'm going to run it again in the fall and see how it likes a little cooler ambients :)
287??

NICE, the 2011's were coming out close to 275 with CAI and tune, if I remember correctly.

With lighter rims, a 2.5" catback, and an aluminum DS you could reasonably hit 300 rwhp :woo:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Damn, in 90+ degree weather on a Mustang dyno? Well done, sir! Enjoy it and let us know if there's absolutely anything else we can do for you. Thanks for the great feedback and dyno chart - makes us happy that the tunes are doing their job!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Jealous... Very nice!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Win!!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Wow... that's pretty freaking impressive.... nice work my friend... very nice work..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would have been nice to have a baseline run for comparison.
Definitely. Unfortunately I'm in rural Louisiana and wasn't even aware there was a dyno shop anywhere near me until I had already been bitten by the 'mod mania' bug. :)

I have a suspicion that I may have just lucked out with a somewhat stronger-than-average motor, although to be fair, most of the dyno sheets I've seen on 2011/12s were automatics.

If it was a dynojet, I wouldn't be as amazed as I was on the Mustang dyno.

B

·
0 Posts
The hp seems a little higher than average but the torque is lower than average for tuned cars.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Nice numbers. For an M6 you're looking at what...337hp and 302tq at the engine? Awesome.

Quick question for anyone that knows. Do today's auto trannys still lose 20% in the drivetrain? I was thinking maybe somewhere around 18%

1 - 12 of 12 Posts