Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok The RWH is right about what I expected Torque didn't peak as High as I thought but stayed amazingly strong through the revs .
Bascially 370 RWHP
Torque 338 ft lbs
Gross if you adjust for 18% Automatic Drivetrain loss or 15 % depending on which formula you want to use is 430-450 HP at the Crank ....Not bad considering I'm not done :naughty
Lemme tell you ...It's a ******* ROCKET now ! :clap I breath on it & it's at 80mph & I still have to get the 3.73's installed ...Chirped it it 3 gears w/out a sweat :happyhapp

I know a few of you had questions ..I just got it home today after a month & blew threw 1/2 tank in no time . The sound is just awesome inside. The Bassani's are louder than stock..Nice rumble but a bit of a drone around 2200 rpm..the overall quality sound more than makes up for the buzz. There's allot to explore with this set up..Twice after I nailed it a warning buzzer said I only had 48 miles left even though the tank was half full. I guess the computer figures If I had it floored long enough I'd get 8MPG :shrug

Well I can't say enough ...long day I'll sum it up by saying it's a completely different car now. Old style Muscle all the way ! :smoke:

Crank up your speakers for these 3, 5 second clips ..Still using my 10 year old Mavica ....that uses floppies ( remember those ) Too cheap to upgrade my camera LOL

http://www.ozziesrobots.com/HTMLobj-5135/SV1.MPG

http://www.ozziesrobots.com/HTMLobj-5137/SV2.MPG

http://www.ozziesrobots.com/HTMLobj-5138/SV3.MPG

PS I have a dozen new pics I took at home ..anyone want to see them LMK & will post a link to them

Cheers ! :drink:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
LOL! I could see those 450 HPs just swishing by in those vids, awesome! That's really a fast car! LOL!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Try and get some sound clips of the car as it pulls away so we can get a better idea of what it sounds like while its moving.

Looks and sounds great.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
STONECOLD said:
Try and get some sound clips of the car as it pulls away so we can get a better idea of what it sounds like while its moving.

Looks and sounds great.
Kinda what I ment but I'm just rude... lol... yea, let's see her GO!

·
Registered
110 Posts
AWESOME!!! You are addicted like me lol, The only problem is you will want to keep going faster and faster!!! Keep us updated and more video's, those rocked!!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
kj_cinci said:
Kinda what I ment but I'm just rude... lol... yea, let's see her GO!
I know, I know,.... Problem is like I mentioned , I'm married to my $900 (now worth $2 :sosad: ) 1997 Sony Mavica :help: & it's limited to 5 second Mpegs on the floppies. I'll try & get someones digital camcorder . Then I can shoot it rowing through the gear & hauling *** Besides you gotta cut me some slack..those clips were for someone that asked about sound on the bassani's :hihi: LOL

BTW here's a few shots of the Billet radiator cap..I need more chrome in the Engine compartmant :rolleyes: ..Shoulda done the valve covers ! :doh:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Sounds like a beast! Very nice! And as the others said, you can't appreciate the exhaust until you hit 3500+ RPMs:worship

...moving that is.

·
Registered
261 Posts
why do you think your horsepower is so low ?:?: dont they claim 430 hp at rear wheels with saleen s/c. plus you hav cai and tuner and better exhaust. dont get me wrong but just seems low only 100 hp for 6 or 7 grand worth of mods. if this is case then im gonna go natural asperation by porting my heads and such. $5000 seems much now.maybe higher hp with pullies . whats your psi at 3 to 4 psi?

·
Registered
261 Posts
sorry im a dumb ass :sterb:. you hav a auto tranny ( 18% loss ) my reading comprehension is bad. please forgive the ignorant!!! lol thx vynle.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
vynle said:
why do you think your horsepower is so low ?:?: dont they claim 430 hp at rear wheels with saleen s/c. plus you hav cai and tuner and better exhaust. dont get me wrong but just seems low only 100 hp for 6 or 7 grand worth of mods. if this is case then im gonna go natural asperation by porting my heads and such. $5000 seems much now.maybe higher hp with pullies . whats your psi at 3 to 4 psi?
Just an FYI - Have NEVER seen them (Saleen) advertise 430 RWHP ..don't know where you got that info. This is direct from Saleen's Web site & they NEVER mention rear wheel These are Gross HP figures so in reality they are saying more like 75-80hp net rear wheel.
"The overall efficiency gains-in the engine, the supercharger and the intercooler-mean the Saleen supercharged 3V-V8 produces more horsepower and torque at a less stressful 4-5 psi boost - 400 horsepower, and 420 lb-ft of torque"
Keep in mind NET HP on the Automatic GT's is something in the neighborhood of 250-256 so NET 120 HP is significant & a substantial more NET hp than they claim. My exhaust is only Cat Back BTW.
As for the other comment regarding Saleen Tune. Didn't get any Saleen tune as they didn't have a tune for the Automatic. In fact PSP had to Virtually set all the individual parameters w/the X-Cal 2 as the Xcal didn't have a tune for an automatic w/a Supercharger.
As for Torque even with an Auto I have no clue where they came up with 420lbs . I'm Guessing I added about 70 lbs.

Bottom line is the car flies LOL :winks

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
vynle said:
Don't all SC have a CAI, as in cone filter and wide open tubing?

You'll be surprised how much the NA route is... P&P Heads will set you back $1600 plus cores if you don't wanna be without your car... then install would be + $500 at any reputable shop if you don't do it yourself... not to mention the forged head internals, if you want them $1500...!!

Or you can do like me... try your best NA (all the 'normal' stuff but headers and cams) see what you do (340 and high12's?) And then throw a blower on there for +500...?!? :tongue

1 - 12 of 12 Posts