Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i went to a car show this past Sat. and they had a mobile Dyno, so i go and get three pulls for 50 bucks.

Top Hp was 300 and Torque was 311.

The mods i have are: C&L street CAI W/ diablo tune, delete plates, UDP, Kooks LTH W/ off road X-pipe and Corsa exhaust.
I guess i'm just a little bummed with those #'s, I thought i would be around 315-320 range.

But i did come home with a trophy, Top 50:shiny:
Later

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I would never not praise a Normally Aspirated Stang putting down 300+RWHP and Torq! Nice Job! Is the Diablo the canned Tune that came on the hand held or Custom? Did you Datalog to see where your Spark Advance was? What did your A/F readings look like? Lean,Rich? You should shoot for 12.6-12.8..:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46 Posts
My very ignorant understanding is that base rwhp is 270ish.
The CAI and Tune add around 20ish
The UDP add 5-10ish
The delete plates 5-10ish.

Are the LTH's supposed to add HP? I thought they just made the engine better capable of adding power, not that they actually add HP, kind of like exhaust systems... ??? (Am I even close?)

If not, it sounds like 300rwhp is pretty good for those upgrades, to my ignorant ears anyway.

TheTeacher

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

My tune is from Doug a Bama tunes. 93oct race.
13.6 a WOT which i guess is rich or lean.???
The guy was doing the dyno said i need to be at the same thing you said. As long as i don't dog it out every time i drive i should be fine.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
13.6 at WOT is waaaay lean, might be a good time to get a dynotune.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yep!!! I will soon

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well i went to a car show this past Sat. and they had a mobile Dyno, so i go and get three pulls for 50 bucks.

Top Hp was 300 and Torque was 311.

The mods i have are: C&L street CAI W/ diablo tune, delete plates, UDP, Kooks LTH W/ off road X-pipe and Corsa exhaust.
I guess i'm just a little bummed with those #'s, I thought i would be around 315-320 range.

But i did come home with a trophy, Top 50:shiny:
Later
Hey man 300 at the wheels ain't bad. Especially when your car is basically stock. I wouldn't be too upset. It looks like an intake, exhaust and tune gave you 60 or so horses. Thats pretty damn good.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Yeah you have Lots of hidden horsepower if your running that lean, it's not life or death above 14 but you For Sure need to richen your fuel mixture, can you post a Dyno and A/F graph of your runs? Did Doug at Bama lock out the "Modify Custom Tune" options when he did your tune or can you still adjust and Fuel and Spark Advance parameters in the Predator? If you can modify I'd fatten up that fuel, is it lean all through the powerband or just high Rpms? In my opinion you need a better Tune for your ECU, CAI tends to lean the motor out, did you add this after the Bama Chips tune?

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Yeah you have Lots of hidden horsepower if your running that lean, it's not life or death above 14 but you For Sure need to richen your fuel mixture, can you post a Dyno and A/F graph of your runs? Did Doug at Bama lock out the "Modify Custom Tune" options when he did your tune or can you still adjust and Fuel and Spark Advance parameters in the Predator? If you can modify I'd fatten up that fuel, is it lean all through the powerband or just high Rpms? In my opinion you need a better Tune for your ECU, CAI tends to lean the motor out, did you add this after the Bama Chips tune?
Actually he's likely going to lose HP when the tune is richened up.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I respectfully disagree, on the numerous Dyno runs I've done when the A/F leans out above 5K peak HP numbers suffer, the computer will pull out timing as well in this condition which is another power robber, runs where my A/F is in the mid to high 12's lets me dial in up to 30 Degrees Spark Advance, this equals close to 10+ HP over a 13.5 lean only managing 24 degrees Spark!
Now I agree if you fatten it too rich power will GO DOWN! But the right tweaking can pay Big seat in the pants dividends and all cars ECU's respond different!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Hey man 300 at the wheels ain't bad. Especially when your car is basically stock. I wouldn't be too upset. It looks like an intake, exhaust and tune gave you 60 or so horses. Thats pretty damn good.

It didn't quite give him 60 horses, that would mean he was only putting down 240 stock which would be very low. I would of expected a little higher, but its still not dirt low. What kind of dyno was it?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really do not know..Here's his site Pro-Dyno.net | Mobile Dyno Tuning Service

I will scan the dyno sheet tommorrow and put it up.
Plan on calling Doug tommorrow.
One thing the Tech did say, my HP #'s started to drop off at 5200 RPM's

March of 05' Dyno #'s were 266RWHP Stock

·
Registered
67 Posts
average numbers but with that u should see 310+, that would sound reasonable. but keep up the good work though!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Agree with those who say that a 13.6 WOT A/F is too lean to generate max hp. It should be in the 12.6-13.2 range.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the overall total hp never equals the individual hp gain from each performance mod added to the stock hp number. It doesn't work that way. The overall total is always less than the sum of the hp from all sources.
And while 300 rwhp for your mods is real decent(I'd love to have that number for my ride), it does sound a tad low.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dan (at Pro-Dyno) has a dynojet. You should consider having him do a custom dyno tune. I don't let anyone else tune my Mustang but him. In fact, we'll be going back for another tune this week after my Steeda delete plates and Kooks headers are installed. My 1st tune from him got me 301 rwhp and 321 rwtq with just an intake, catback exhaust, and UDP.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I really do not know..Here's his site Pro-Dyno.net | Mobile Dyno Tuning Service

I will scan the dyno sheet tommorrow and put it up.
Plan on calling Doug tommorrow.
One thing the Tech did say, my HP #'s started to drop off at 5200 RPM's

March of 05' Dyno #'s were 266RWHP Stock
Your leaning out up high and the ECU is pulling timing, she has 310+ in her with the right tweaking~

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Alright,
I'll look into heading south then.

What can i expect as far as cost?
Ballpark

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.