Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2,634 Posts
How much do holeshots cost? I am waiting for Greg Weld Design - to release his wheels with our proper back spacing and get those. They look just as nice and will be more then half the cost

· Registered
2,634 Posts
thats not bad at all. I want to get a 15x10 in the rear and a 17x6 in the front. I would do 4 or 4.5 but the tires are to small for my car and will sit my front end on the ground. Sense I will be driving around daily with that set up speed bumps will become impossible

· Registered
1,790 Posts
I'm curious about your upgrading the springs but staying with the stock heads...any particular reason (aside from cost of course) why you stayed with the stock heads ? BTW, what springs did you use ?

I ask because I'm considering going to TrickFlow heads...

· Registered
1,790 Posts
Update on the Trick Flow idea...

I called them and it turns out, contrary to what I'd been told elsewhere, that they don't have heads for/do porting for 4.6Ls. However, they referred me to Mike at Competiton Cams in TN (330-634-2155), who does a fair amount of 4.6L work it turns out.

Long story short, Mike (who was super nice) said that while porting makes sense for the n/a guys (you know who you are Mark :shiny:) it isn't so cost effective for the supercharged folks given that there are less costly alternatives than porting (which he said might yield 60 or so additional HP if boosted but end of costing upwards of $1k by the time it was all said and done) such as spring and retainer upgrades (the Crower were what he suggested and that I went with, pn. nos. 2613-24 @ $92.00 and 700-24 @ $299.00, respectively).

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.