Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does the stock 2002 GT put down for RWHP. I recently had mine Dynoed and the numbers were not very impressive to say the least. I have done some, but very little by way of mods (You can read what I've done) to increase HP, but like I said, not very impressive. The numbers were 292 T, and 260 HP. Does that sound about right for the mods I have?

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
Yeah, it sounds about right....your motor is rated at 260/crank, you picked up about 35 or so...remember the drivetrain loss is about 10-15% so you are doing pretty good.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
also, 4.10s makes it put down less power down on the dyno. ive always wondered what my true power would be if i still had stock 3.27s and not 4.10s.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So my numbers are good? What's next for me? It needs to be on the cheep. Head work, Cams, how about boring the cylenders? How much can you safely open it up? .060".. How about stroking the engine? I know everyone will say F/I and you are most definatly right, but will be a long time before I can swing that.

·
Registered
351 Posts
also, 4.10s makes it put down less power down on the dyno. ive always wondered what my true power would be if i still had stock 3.27s and not 4.10s.
How does having 4.10s make it put down less power?

·
Registered
74 Posts
What type of dyno was it. Your number look good, but some dynos read higher than others. Mustang and dyncom read lower than dynojet. I would get a set of stage 2 ported heads with modified intake valves, and a set of stage 2 or 2.5 cams. With a set of headers will put you right about 300 rwhp. All the other stuff you mentioned will cost a bunch. Heads and cams wil run you right about 2100.

·
Registered
41 Posts
no matter how you do it from this point on it wont be cheap. many options , none are more bang for your buck then FI. save your money, think about what you really want to do and do it right. if you want to go faster get a cobra, in the end that is the most cost effective way to do it. i just spent a small fortune making my 99 GT, 500+ rwhp, 500 ftlbs of torque.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well all depends on how you do it. You can take the savings from buying a gt instead of a cobra and build one hell of a car.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
How does having 4.10s make it put down less power?

thats what ive always heard. i know i read it on this forum or another, not sure where, but it said with 4.10s will make it put down less on the dyno. not sure how it works or if its true though. maybe someone can chime in and let us know if its for real.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts