Ford Mustang Forum banner

dyno tested my 2005 mustang today

751 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Snackmaster
we had a mini dyno day at SDCE in Warwick, RI. Dyno'ed on a DYNOmite dyno.

05 mustang gt
pypes o/r x pipe
jba axelback

everything else is stock

most all stock 3valves put down about 243 to the rear wheels, heres my #'s;

peak RWHP: 270.6 @ 5600 RPM

peak RWTQ: 285.1 @ 4450 RPM

Diagram Design Tree Parallel Drawing
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
nice numbers!!! congrats! :gringreen
yea im happy with it, its a good baseline, it goes into the body shop for little over a week tomorrow, then, once i get her back ill be installing my LT's, and shortly there after the cams will get installed, so im interested to see what ill have for numbers afterwards
Are you planning on a CAI? It looks like in the upper rpm range your running really rich. But good numbers. Congrats.
Those are good baseline numbers. The exhaust doesn't help much, so thats basically stock. I wish I knew what my starting numbers were, now you'll really know how much your mods have effect. Way to go. 243 for others is DIRT low, however.:bigthumbsup
i would add steeda delete plates ...it should give you 10 hp and i know you will get a better flow in your engine:bigthumbsup
yea im happy with it, its a good baseline, it goes into the body shop for little over a week tomorrow, then, once i get her back ill be installing my LT's, and shortly there after the cams will get installed, so im interested to see what ill have for numbers afterwards
yea good numbers,shop told me the same thing about most putting down 240-260...240 is pretty sad if thats true,havent seen that yet.
240-250 are what the automatics typically lay down whereas manuals lay down 260-270. You numbers are good but you need to invest in a good CAI from JLT or C&L and a programmer with a custom tune or a least a good mail order tune. You could easily expect a 15whp increase across the board and perhaps even 25 or so in some rpm ranges. It's a very effective mod combo for $500-600.
Always good to have that baseline!
G
Seeing as how the stock midpipe in the S197s isn't as weak as previous setups in the SN95 and New Edge Stangs - Those are good numbers. Definately add a CAI/ Tune to your combo along with the cams and LT's that you're doing and you'll be making some great numbers.

:bigthumbsup
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.