Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
we had a mini dyno day at SDCE in Warwick, RI. Dyno'ed on a DYNOmite dyno.

05 mustang gt
pypes o/r x pipe
jba axelback

everything else is stock

most all stock 3valves put down about 243 to the rear wheels, heres my #'s;

peak RWHP: 270.6 @ 5600 RPM

peak RWTQ: 285.1 @ 4450 RPM

2005-mustang+dyno-results.jpg 2005-mustang+on-dyno.jpg

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
nice numbers!!! congrats! :gringreen

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea im happy with it, its a good baseline, it goes into the body shop for little over a week tomorrow, then, once i get her back ill be installing my LT's, and shortly there after the cams will get installed, so im interested to see what ill have for numbers afterwards

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Are you planning on a CAI? It looks like in the upper rpm range your running really rich. But good numbers. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Those are good baseline numbers. The exhaust doesn't help much, so thats basically stock. I wish I knew what my starting numbers were, now you'll really know how much your mods have effect. Way to go. 243 for others is DIRT low, however.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
559 Posts
yea im happy with it, its a good baseline, it goes into the body shop for little over a week tomorrow, then, once i get her back ill be installing my LT's, and shortly there after the cams will get installed, so im interested to see what ill have for numbers afterwards
i would add steeda delete plates ...it should give you 10 hp and i know you will get a better flow in your engine:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
yea good numbers,shop told me the same thing about most putting down 240-260...240 is pretty sad if thats true,havent seen that yet.

·
Registered
937 Posts
240-250 are what the automatics typically lay down whereas manuals lay down 260-270. You numbers are good but you need to invest in a good CAI from JLT or C&L and a programmer with a custom tune or a least a good mail order tune. You could easily expect a 15whp increase across the board and perhaps even 25 or so in some rpm ranges. It's a very effective mod combo for $500-600.

G

·
Seeing as how the stock midpipe in the S197s isn't as weak as previous setups in the SN95 and New Edge Stangs - Those are good numbers. Definately add a CAI/ Tune to your combo along with the cams and LT's that you're doing and you'll be making some great numbers.

:bigthumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.