Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much have ya'll paid for a dyno and to have a couple tunes written? I've e-mailed 2 shops around memphis and they both seem kind of steep. Well, dynospeed wants 350 for the dyno and tune, but I have to buy a $360 SCT tuner because he cant write diablo tunes... and the closest diablo tuner shop wants 500 for the dyno and tune... but he says I'll have the dyno all day. I dont expect that I'd need it all day. IF thats the case, I'd have everybody i know that wants a dyno done come by and chip in.... If it my dyno all day right??? I dont know, 500 seems like alot more expensive to do the same thing the 350 dude is going to do. Oh and he is booked up 3 weeks out, so i'll have to schedule it way in advance.

after I put the cams in, can I just upload the diablo "performance" tune and expect the car to run ok. obviously it wont run as well as it ought to, but will the car destroy itself (spit and sputter) if i wait a couple of weeks to have a proper tune written for it?

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Just a thought - If you have the dyno ALL day... Have people pay you like $25 and it's free for you! All you would need is 20 friends to stop by, give you the money, get the dyno, then leave!

You'd have a free dyno tune! :bigthumbsup :laugh:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah! my thoughts exactly~
So if thats the case, and any of ya'll live in the memphis area want a 25 dollar dyno- let me know! :hihi:

·
Registered
914 Posts
wait you want a tune and then dyno it to see how much power you have or you want them to dyno tune it so its tuned specifically for your car?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to be putting a set of cams on my car when i get back to the states in a couple of weeks... I will need a better tune uploaded into my diablo that will better suit my car over the "performance tune" that comes standard on the predator.
And to see where we are at with the car and maybe change the tune around a little dyno the car.

so I want a dynotune so its specifically for my car i guess...

·
Registered
139 Posts
get in touch with doug from bamachips and schedule a time to meet him at walker dyno tune in trussville alabama it would only be 3 or 4 hour drive from memphis and he only charged me 250 to tune my car and he is one of the best in the buisness it would save you some cash and you will have a fun ride home after he tunes your car

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
my dynoe session was $500 but it included an SCT Xcal3

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, these dudes are effin banannas then... I've heard of a good place outside little rock that might be getting a call... they are supposed to be around the 300 dollar range... I guess you get 3 pulls and 2 tunes or something like that.
hopefully they can write tunes for diablos...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, so I finally got an e-mail back from BB&T racing in southaven, and aparently the wont just write me a tune. I thought I read on diablos website that if you E-mail one of their dealers your stock tune and tell them what you have installed on the car they will write you a tune for a nominal fee... wtf This is from the 500 dollar tune guy also. wow, maybe i should just sell my diablo and get the sct. Eff this guy. and if all of diablo's dealers are like him, eff diablo also-

"sorry but we dont do generic tunes. " thats his entire e-mail-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.