Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a ballpark figure on what a dyno tune for my 06 Mustang GT 5 spd would cost? I know each shop is different butjust wondering how much I'm looking at. Also, is it necessary to get a tuner (Predator etc..) with a dyno tune?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Powertrain Dynamics

Try this place/7143730068. They tuned my SC 05GT with Preditor tuner included in the Vortech SC kit. ($300) Its best to keep your custom tune in some sort of configuration! Be patient, he is hard to get a hold of, but worth it! Located in Westminister/HB

·
Registered
294 Posts
hogwild said:
Try this place/7143730068. They tuned my SC 05GT with Preditor tuner included in the Vortech SC kit. ($300) Its best to keep your custom tune in some sort of configuration! Be patient, he is hard to get a hold of, but worth it! Located in Westminister/HB
what were your results? horsepower/torque and driveability before and after.
did you have issues with the S/C that were made better with the dyno tune perhaps?
while it was worth it to you to pay for a custom dyno tune, some hard numbers will help others decide if it would be worth it for them (or me). thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Some #"s

Stock Vortech/intercooler tune got me 372rwhp with 364 torque and A/F almost running flat 10 across the rpm! Custom tune got me 390rwhp with 384 torque and a nice low 11's in A/F. You can get more, but i wanted a daily driver! My JBA shorties just came in the mail today and hopefully they will get put on next week at Chicanes in Torrance, then I will dyno again! As far as cost, I can justify a 125 custome tune for almost 20 more horses and torque. Every little bit helps.

·
Registered
294 Posts
$125 sounds like a deal to me, and with the significant investment of the supercharger already installed makes it a no brainer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts