Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brenspeed is Awesome...... Not sure what else to say. Real nice shop, real friendly people, and they do one heck of a good job...I have been running their email tune for some time now and loved it. Few weeks ago, I loaded the 93R tune for the 1st time, one block down the road, threw a code "randome misfire detected". Went home, put the 93S tune :hihi:back on, code came back next day. I put another companies tune on and had no more code pop up after that, but didn't really like that tune. Took the car to Brenspeed, they looked around, loaded their email tune back on, never could get the code to show up again. They worked 2-3 hours trying to figure out what caused the code in the 1st place, ended up being a corrupt file.
I figured while I was there, might as well get the dyno tune.. Was about 100 degrees out and 40-50% humidity. Every pull during the tune, numbers went up. I was always real happy with the email tune, but when they got done and I drove off, it was like driving a new car, smile ear to ear... :hihi: He did tell me that it was not a good day for high numbers, but the numbers were not what was important to me, I don't race, I just like to hotrod a little going to and from work..

So here it is... 384 RWHP and 364 TQ.. I am going to attempt to load a pic of the graph and a vid of one of the pulls.
I know a lot are going to say "wow, that is low, or it should have been higher" But I am happy for now, until I have them install a SC in a couple years.
Anyone considering a tune, I say forget the email tunes and get it done right the 1st time....

Thanks again Brenspeed, I will be coming back for more work...

Dyno pull - YouTube

N

·
0 Posts
with all the mods you have, 384rwhp is mega low, my cars base run was 387rwhp!

·
Registered
826 Posts
with all the mods you have, 384rwhp is mega low, my cars base run was 387rwhp!
Do you have an Auto or Manual? The guy that posted the 384 rwhp has an Auto, which is an easy 5% drop over a manual to the rear wheels.

N

·
0 Posts
Do you have an Auto or Manual? The guy that posted the 384 rwhp has an Auto, which is an easy 5% drop over a manual to the rear wheels.
a manual but still, that's a low number. I'm at sea level though so that could be it as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts