Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Pypes Catback

Votes: 37 58.7%
1 - 20 of 128 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I am considering which one I would go with. Not sure if anyone has the Dynomaxs on yet. They are both priced about the same and full catback systems for the price of the Roush axlebacks. I would appreciate and input or opinions.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dynomax is a lower quality brand IMO. I've had Pypes products and they were solid.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do like that the mufflers are much smaller and the tail pipes are larger on the Pypes system. Not sure if either one makes more power though.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I do like that the mufflers are much smaller and the tail pipes are larger on the Pypes system. Not sure if either one makes more power though.

Can't find the system for the 2011 V6 on the pypes site. Do you have a link? The one I saw is for the GT model.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Love the look and sound of my Pypes.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Would sure love to hear the Dynomax Jeg's $399 - $75 rebate from Dynomax $325 is a nice price. Maybe we should all email Dynomax and ask for a sound clip, I have but one person doesn't mean much.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Would sure love to hear the Dynomax Jeg's $399 - $75 rebate from Dynomax $325 is a nice price. Maybe we should all email Dynomax and ask for a sound clip, I have but one person doesn't mean much.
Good idea .

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Isn't it a bit strange that these catbacks are less expensive than most of the axlebacks out there?

Or I guess the strange part is that the axlebacks are MORE expensive than these catbacks lol

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well and the Borlas are more expensive but FFRP axle backs cost about the same as those.

·
Registered
589 Posts
If you ask me ALL axle-backs are OVERPRICED !
Just my two-cents.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have had dynomax on my previous cars, easy install hold up good and good quality

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have yet ti ubderstand axleback its just for sound:laugh:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, sound and they may reduce a few lbs if their muffler is lighter than stock. I'm not sure how much the stock mufflers weigh but they look a little portly.

·
Registered
385 Posts
does any one know the hp gains for each one?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have emailed both companies asking that very question but haven't received a response from either. This would be my biggest deciding factor. But if one sounded a little better but only gained a couple less HP/TQ than the other, I could go with that instead.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Ok if your talking about the pypes mid muffler kit, you can find it for cheaper then at AM easily. If you decided to go with AM anyways if your a member of mustangforums email someone in their tech section and they will give you a 6%discount code.
You didn't specify pypes mm or otherwise so I voted pypes. I love my custom pypes mm m80 setup. If I had to do it again I would go with the pypes supersystem dual 2.5" mandrel bent ss piping slip on construction mid mounted m80s terminating in amazing looking 4" resontated slash cut tips*instant woody* lol as from experience running resonated tips on a mid muffler setup 2011 3.7 it will help smooth out the exhaust tone while still allowing it to be deep&throaty on accel. I may ad resonated tips down the line to my custom setup but right now I love how aggressive it sounds without noticeable drone. Overall I've 5 different custom setups on a 2011 3.7 so I have some experience. And as others here have expressed axlebacks are a ripoff imo spend a little more and get a dual 2.5" mandrel bent setup which will breath better look better&last a long time:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
259 Posts
Was looking at the Pypes Super System Cat-Back here: PYPES SFM79 Pypes Super System Mustang Cat-Back Exhaust Systems

3" Diameter Tubing
4.5" Diameter Tips

very tempting but very concerned with loosing back pressure\torque from the 3" diameter, used their ask a Tech. and this was the response i received.

"No, using a 3” system on a stock vehicle will not give you a tq loss. Over all performance of HP and TQ will increase using this system"

Still wish I wasn't the guinea pig, any thoughts?

1 - 20 of 128 Posts