• Dynomax Catback

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Pypes Catback

Votes: 37 58.7%
21 - 40 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
sent you a pm but yeah i'd recommend the regular 2.5" system or the 2005-10 supersystem which is 2.5" also but has resonated tips versus the non resonated of the sfm66&sfm79 kits

·
Registered
127 Posts
The Pypes system sure did sound nice from the video's I have seen.....

·
Registered
352 Posts
But how loud they are???

·
Registered
331 Posts
sent you a pm but yeah i'd recommend the regular 2.5" system or the 2005-10 supersystem which is 2.5" also but has resonated tips versus the non resonated of the sfm66&sfm79 kits
Does the 3" setup not have resonated tips? Both setups are the same price...however shipping is not free on jegs.

·
Registered
580 Posts
The 3" supersystem has resonated tips but dual 3" is way to big for a 3.7 motor imo. Where the 05-10 supersystem has 2.5" piping w/4" resonated tips only difference is the hangers as the 2011 have an additional hanger near the axle to support the added weight of the stock mufflers. Which aern't required for the pypes system because it doesn't weigh anything in comparison.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The 3" supersystem has resonated tips but dual 3" is way to big for a 3.7 motor imo. Where the 05-10 supersystem has 2.5" piping w/4" resonated tips only difference is the hangers as the 2011 have an additional hanger near the axle to support the added weight of the stock mufflers. Which aern't required for the pypes system because it doesn't weigh anything in comparison.
Can you link me to the 05-10 supersystem your talking about or pm me if you dont want to post? I see the one listed on american muscle has 4" tips and has 2.5" piping....is this the one your talking about? Looks like it has rear hangers in the back.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i've had dynomax systems on 2 cars and the sound is ALWAYS awesome. very deep and mellow. never ricey and obnoxious.

·
Registered
589 Posts
i've had dynomax systems on 2 cars and the sound is ALWAYS awesome. very deep and mellow. never ricey and obnoxious.
Were these V6's ?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Can you link me to the 05-10 supersystem your talking about or pm me if you dont want to post? I see the one listed on american muscle has 4" tips and has 2.5" piping....is this the one your talking about? Looks like it has rear hangers in the back.

anyone answer this? Wondering if someone can link the 05-10 supersystem? Whats the difference between it and what AM sells?

·
Registered
259 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks for the link. The exhaust AM sells is the same as what you linked, but only have 4" tips instead of 4.5" tips correct? The both look like they have the same hangers based on the pictures. The main thing I see is the price difference...the AM being $450 shipped for free and the one you linked me being $499 plus shipping. Is it really worth it to spend the extra $50 plus shipping for .5" bigger tips or am I missing something else that the system provides over the one AM has listed?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yeah this is a little confusing to me since I'm not familiar with Pypes exhausts. I was just about to PM 3.7-11 to have him send me the link to the system he got.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah this is a little confusing to me since I'm not familiar with Pypes exhausts. I was just about to PM 3.7-11 to have him send me the link to the system he got.
I am wanting the Pypes catback setup...just wanting to verify things. I know there is another kit for the 2011 that has 3" cat-back and 4" tips, but dont wanna go that big.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
No, I want to stay with 2.5" piping as well. I'm also not sure 4.5" tips will fit within our rear valance.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thanks for the link. The exhaust AM sells is the same as what you linked, but only have 4" tips instead of 4.5" tips correct? The both look like they have the same hangers based on the pictures. The main thing I see is the price difference...the AM being $450 shipped for free and the one you linked me being $499 plus shipping. Is it really worth it to spend the extra $50 plus shipping for .5" bigger tips or am I missing something else that the system provides over the one AM has listed?
The exhaust i linked you to is not the same as the one @ AM, this is Pypes 2.5 super sys. and the only diff. is that it comes with resonated tips. I purchased this sys. and I'm waiting to have some time off to install, it is definitely not a bolt-on for our 2011. The welded wire forms on the resonated tips are not located in the correct location to fit the stock muffler hangers & the stock x pipe will need to be modified as well to fit the 2.5 mid-pipes. Hopefully i will have the sys. installed by this weekend, the 4.5 resonated tips do fit the stock lower valance and fill in the space nicely.

I tried installing it myself but was not able to due to the modifications mentioned above, i will be taking it to a local Muffler shop to get it done. I'm willing to modify the muffler hangers, tips and Xpipe but not anything that has to do with the frame of the car (I don't want anything welded to the actual frame)

I was quoted $100

I will definitely give you guys an update when everything is done. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hey canekita can you measure to confirm that those are in fact 4.5" tips and not 4"? I've seen multiple listings saying 4" resonated tips and in their videos of the super systems they do only look like 4" tips. Thanks man and bravo for pioneering this setup. Your gonna love the sound once installed:winks
I love my mid mounted m80s&4" magnaflow tips in fact i'm gonna go shoot a quick vid right now and get it uploaded to youtube:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hey canekita can you measure to confirm that those are in fact 4.5" tips and not 4"? I've seen multiple listings saying 4" resonated tips and in their videos of the super systems they do only look like 4" tips. Thanks man and bravo for pioneering this setup. Your gonna love the sound once installed:winks
I love my mid mounted m80s&4" magnaflow tips in fact i'm gonna go shoot a quick vid right now and get it uploaded to youtube:bigthumbsup
Where is the video :) I think I'm going to get the pypes over the roush

·
Registered
580 Posts
Video is uploading to slow ass youtube as we speak hope you have a good set of computer speakers or since my wife was so far away you might not hear it to well:laugh: I also made a short clip of the jlt cai revving with the hood up allthough if you listen closely you can almost hear the cai over the exhaust when revving:kooky:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes I do have really nice speakers n a audio card for my compurer so I'm just waiting:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
580 Posts
21 - 40 of 128 Posts