• Dynomax Catback

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Pypes Catback

Votes: 37 58.7%
41 - 60 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
:applause:holly crap what was that at 7 sec was that the intake now i see why people are saying the jlt intake its loud thats nice :bigthumbsup

waiting for the other video

THANKS MAN i just visited ur youtube channel(i sended u a frind request ) n heard the pypes they sound awsome thanks to you now im going to get the pypes not the roush :thanks:

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
i still have a question whats cheaper buy the complete catback or buy the mufflers n let some one dod the rest of the exhaust?

·
Registered
580 Posts
^for me it was cheaper to do the diy route, two pypes m80s from am with 6%mf discount $84 shipped, 2 brand new magnaflow 4" straight cut tips from ebaymotors $44 shipped, about 2hrs total at a local muffler shop was $130. So total was $258 versus what $380 shipped for the pypes kit+paying someone to install it for you? I mean granted the kit comes with all mandrel bent 2.5" stainless steel piping clamps/tips etc. But I think the stock piping is adequately sized considering each cylinder bank is only 1.85liters breathing through 2.25" piping:bigthumbsup
here's a shot of it underneath

·
Registered
352 Posts
damn that was cheap... so you have the stock 2.25 piping thats nice i might go get a quote from my local muffler shop but i know it wont be $130:frustrated:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Man just find a mom&pop type place, not a midas or big shop. Explain what you want&don't be surprised if its cheaper then you expected or close to what I quoted.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
:applause:holly crap what was that at 7 sec was that the intake now i see why people are saying the jlt intake its loud thats nice :bigthumbsup

waiting for the other video
It actually sounds a little more muscular with a tune on there too. so imagine with the JLT, tune and that pypes system.

·
Registered
352 Posts
It actually sounds a little more muscular with a tune on there too. so imagine with the JLT, tune and that pypes system.
Sex:D . .........

·
Registered
259 Posts
Pypes 2.5 Super Sys. with resonated tips Installed:yup:, "Awesome":bigthumbsup.

I can tell you it has the same tone as the other Pypes Mid M80 setup but much, much smoother with the resonated tips on deceleration. No POP, No Drone, No crackle. It's rainy and dark here now but will get better pics when i get some time, took it for a spin and started having fun with a dodge ram diesel turbo. Got my Mami going sideways on first and second:gringreen, no contest! (I don't normally do this but i just had to this one time:taz:, to the track next)

Cant hear the engine over the exhaust tone but i know exactly were I'm at on the RPM range simply by the sound, no low power loss!!:heha:

Tips look sick.:shocked:...will load 93R tomorrow since I'm currently on 91S.

The shop ended up removing the welded wire forms from the tips and welding their own, mid-pipe was welded to stock Xpype after cutting the Nipples\button that were used to lock the stock clamps in place. The rest of the Sys. was tacked & clamped, the clamps were then tacked as well to prevent movement\shifting. Checked 4 leaks, none!

**No CLEARANCE ISSUES**

Did not have much time to play with her but Soon...SOON!:winks

Note: the mid-pipe that came with the sys. were to short, shop made their own 2.5 mid-pipes that were a bit longer.

·
Registered
580 Posts
^haha I told you you would love it man. Glad the shop got everything worked out. I would send a video to pypes and some info so that they can modify this system for the 2011/12 3.7 cars. As most owners would probally love this setup due to the smooth sound of the resonated tips not to mention they do look KILLER filling up those exhaust cutouts :kooky:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
I originally was just going to go with Roush ABs, but for the money I'd rather have a catback system that sounds just as awesome. I've heard comparisons that it sounds similar to the Borla S-Type or ATAK and I've also heard complaints about it too. It's too many mixed opinions for me to spend that kind of money. I'm about 100% sure I'm going with a pypes system.

Cant hear the engine over the exhaust tone but i know exactly were I'm at on the RPM range simply by the sound, no low power loss!!:heha:
I would imagine you probably picked up a few HP just by having more straight pipe and and mandrel bends. Looks freaking awesome. I wish you got pix of the underside.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I was set on the roush but Well I'm planning on getting long tube headers n an o/r x pipe n I think they will be too loud... plus a lot of people saying that they sound ricey so no bueno.... the more I hear the pypes the more I like them

·
Registered
259 Posts
I would imagine you probably picked up a few HP just by having more straight pipe and and mandrel bends. Looks freaking awesome. I wish you got pix of the underside.
well, I'm gonna be getting an oil change here soon and i can get the pic's u want, I live on a base so i can go rent a lift no prob. If your still worried about clearance... DON'T, I would have to be rock climbing to make the 2 hit each other :D. Cant wait for my CIA & for the 2.5 pipes to get some carbon build up to see what she really sounds like.

Hope my GT500 lower valance fits without having to re-adjust the tips, Butt-Dyno definitely notices a few added ponies.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
No, just want to be able to see the layout under there. I wasn't asking because of clearance concerns.

·
Registered
580 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I saw your pix before, I didn't realize they were that similar. So basically Canekita just has different tips?

·
Registered
259 Posts
No, just want to be able to see the layout under there. I wasn't asking because of clearance concerns.

Well the setup does look like the link 3.73-11 posted above, the only diff. is that the m80's are not connected directly to the xpipe. They are connected to the mid pipe 1st, so they sit further back around the two black plastic covers (covers have tube like indentations as if the m80's were made to fit there). That and the fact the entire tubing is 2.5 is the only diff., i will still get you the pic's you requested.:bigthumbsup

Note: Having them sitting further back does give them more space between them and the drive shaft.

srry for the quality
If you can wait until i get it up on a lift again you will get better pics.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Would it be easier for everyone to choose what axle-back they like based on sound rather than price if they were cheaper?

How about 10% off any exhaust component from AmericanMuscle.com over $200 from now until Friday?

fms25am200 Use that coupon code at checkout!

Let's see if that helps put some of the higher-end exhausts on a level playing field...

41 - 60 of 128 Posts