Votes: 37 58.7%
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
That's what I heard from others as well. BBK tuned length shorty headers are able to remove droning from the muffler.

I have BBK shorties as well, but my Corsa Sport axle-backs had zero drone even before I install the headers. coolthumb.gif

BBK shorty headers are one of my favorite mods so far.

Okay, finally got the BBK Ceramic Shorties on with the stock throttle and mid-pipe with the Airaid CAI.

I'll get the video sorted out when this stupid cold weather is over.

The drone I was getting with the dynomax catback roughly around 80mph is GONE!!! Yes, gone. No drone. Have I mentioned the annoying drone is gone?

Then it has a meaner, deeper growl. Yes, it's a wee bit louder, but not by much.

The engine seems to rev a bit better and there is definitely an increase in lower end torque and more power. I'm sure a tune would enhance this.

All I can say is... AMAZING!!! Really regretting not having done this sooner.

For those of you one the fence about doing this, I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought the Pypes because of the price compared to the roush, and ever since I installed it I never looked back. The idle is nice but over taking. But once you put your foot down on it, it will definitely be heard. I put my exhaust on at 800miles on the car and now at close to 3000 I love it. I am looking to put an catted x pipe to give it a little more volume. over all I love it and my friends do too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dynomax Guys

I talked to Dynomax today, they stated their axlebacks produced no drone. The catbacks, they said 'might' drone. Anybody running the catbacks notice any drone? And are you running headers or the factory manifold? I'd like the catback because I may eventually want BBK shorts, but I don't want any drone on the daily ride to work.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Dumping the dynomax catback. Going back to stock. going down the highway hour after hour, gets old.

I'm getting old I guess.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts