Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to do a E-brake adjustment. I am tired of taking my car to the dealer as everytime I take it to them it comes back damaged some how.

While they were replacing a piesce of the e-brake handle that they scratched up they left the handle so loose that my knee lifts it up every time I move. I have to keep my hand on the handle just to keep it down.

Any help would be apreciated.

·
Registered
829 Posts
turn2 said:
Does anyone know how to do a E-brake adjustment. I am tired of taking my car to the dealer as everytime I take it to them it comes back damaged some how.

While they were replacing a piesce of the e-brake handle that they scratched up they left the handle so loose that my knee lifts it up every time I move. I have to keep my hand on the handle just to keep it down.

I hear ya on the mess they can cause. Just little things like a small spot of grease from the shop floor or a dirty handprint on the mirror or a sticker where you woul dnot have put it! yep I hear ya, I think some of us just look at things differently... (I do..)

Anyways... to get you going it should be very obvious what to do if you can get under it and look at the cable from the tunnel back to the wheels. I have not looked myself BUT as a rule this is pretty straight forward stuff the that you may be able to see how to shorten up the cable somehow. Usually a nut/jam-nut on a stud and Y type of assembly. Shorten that up a bit.

Russ

·
Registered
18 Posts
turn2 said:

I believe you can adjust the EBrake from the center console. Lift the cover and remove the small plastic piece nearest to the driver's seat. You can adjust thru this opening.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Falcon_744 said:
Mind on sheeding a few details on how you made the adjustment? My normal deepwell won't reach the nut and no room for a wrench.
I used a Craftsman 10mm deep socket with a 1/4" universal and 3" extension. My 3/8" drive wouldn't make the angle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
billyb196 said:
I used a Craftsman 10mm deep socket with a 1/4" universal and 3" extension. My 3/8" drive wouldn't make the angle.
Thanks...I guess my is a further down on the threads...it bottoms out just before it touches the nut...nice. Next step is to take off the to of the whole console top so I can use a wrench or grind down the stud cap so the socket will reach.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts