Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup to all!!!

So it goes like this:

I set the e brake, heard a pop and lost all resistance. e brake is fortunately not engaged, but I'm almost sure I'm going to have to replace the cable. Any one have links, info or tips regarding replacement???

Thanks for any input!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sup Man
sorry to hear about your E-brake. my snapped a while back and had to replace... luckily the e-brake cable isn't all that expensive. first thing you will want to do is find where the cable snapped, there are actually 3 cables that comprise the set. the first goes from the brake lever to a tensioning type bar that holds the left and right cables. both the left and right cables can be brought and changed separately. i was able to get the cables from ford for about 70.00 for the 2 concerning cables.

so long story short i would find out which cable broke and replace it, unless you are an over achiever and just want to ensure that the other side doesn't do the same.

i have a question though. does your car sit for extended periods of time? i ask because i haven't read to many complaints about this issue. and i was thinking that mine only broke because she was sitting outside for about a year in AZ.

hope this helped and i answered your question. good luck

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Removing the center counsel??

Mine, unfortunately, is a daily driver. 106k. daily use and abuse...

did you have to pull the console? I haven't fully investigated yet (getting by for now by leaving her in first or reverse when parked) but think the damage is under there. The window in the center counsel doesn't show me much, tho. Are there any ticks to removing the counsel???

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I've heard the e-brake cables are common issues with the early S197s and my '06 has the issue. It hasn't effected anything yet, so I'll just wait until I need it. But I'd be interested in feedback also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mines is a daily driver as well, however i have a lot fewer miles on mine than you. i am sitting at about 57000 miles right now, and she's an 05.

no you wont need to do anything to your center console, you just need to jack your car up and remove your rear tires. again its not difficult to repair and it i remember correctly there are only 2 bolts max 3.

anyway hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.