Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mineral grey 2005 gt and have been experiencing a problem with the e-brake on the passenger side rear. First time it stuck my rotor was damaged and the dealer put a new roter, caliper, and pads on. It is back at the dealer right now because it stuck again the other day. No damage this time but it is getting really agrivating driving the taurus instead of my GT. It seems to happen when I am parked in my drive way and it is below 20 degrees out side or that has been the conditions it has happened in the 3 times it has hung up. The dealer is having problems figuring out what is causing it so if anybody else has experenced this with their own mustang please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
This has been reported earlier due to cold weather, there is really no reason to use the e-brake, if you have a standard, put it in gear, 1st or reverse. If it is auto, there is also no need.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dirve way is a 30 degree incline and It sure is nice to start it up in the morning and let in run for a while to get warmed up. I also hate having such a expensive car that you can't use the e-brake when it is cold. Ford needs to give this problem some attention and issue a tsb that corrects the problem. I did recieve a call from my dealer and he is putting a new cable on it. Now all has been replaced rotor, caliper, pads, and cable. If this doesn't correct it we know it's a design flaw.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The cable would be the next logical step. Hope it fixes your problem.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Cable probs

FoMoCo said:
The cable would be the next logical step. Hope it fixes your problem.
Since the e-brake cables run on the outside of the car, my Dad told me they used to frequently get a little water/condensation in them which can freeze and lock it up. Also crud can build up over years [yours is new though] and do the same thing. Cable replacement should work, if it is any of those problems. Good luck.

I never use my e-brake unless I am jacking the car [Taurus is FWD] and the one on the truck is wired so you have to really need it to use it. That way a service tech or someone borrowing the truck doesn't accidentally use it. It sticks and I have to climb under it and pull on the cable to release it if it is used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.