Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have a stock 1995 mustang gt that i want to put a e303 cam on. it has flowmasters and a cold air intake but that is all. do i have to make any other mods for the cam to work properly??

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
The first modification I would do is change where I posted the question and try the 5.0 forum. Inside that.....you will see a sub-forum called 94-95 tech.

Next option would be to Google "E303 can install"...be careful with this step becasue....This post will be your first result. You will need to skip it and go the one of the other 20,000 results.

Other then a tune...to really dial it in. You should be set. The E303 is a nice middle of the road mild cam. You will not have any piston to valve clearance issue and can use all of your old valve train...Personally, I would go ahead and change the push rods, lifters, and put new springs in it....I would also go ahead and put new valve guide seals on it while I was there.

If the question is more directed to...what else do I need to get full benefit from the cam. Well, that's a whole new topic. Really need to have something other then stock upper and lower intake and a different set of heads to really get full benefit of swapping that cam on your 5.0

1 - 2 of 2 Posts