Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the biggest differences between these two cams?(e303 and b303) my 1990 gt is mostly stock except for flowmasters and an h pipe, I want to install a cam when I install my gt 40 intake I got off an explorer what cam would be the best choice? car is also a 5 speed and 3.73 gears are in the near future.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ford Racing #397-M-6250-B303

Duration'': 224°/224° @ .050''
Lift: .480''/.480''
Trans: 5-Speed
Notes: Fair Idle, Good Low-End Torque, Significant Top-End Power Above 4,000 RPM

Ford Racing #397-M-6250-E303

Duration: 220°/220° @ .050''
Lift: .498''/.498''
Trans: 5-Speed/Automatic, Emissions Legal (E.O.#D-225-16) with 5-Speed
Notes: Good Idle, Excellent Low- and Mid Range Torque, Great for superchargers.

this is from jegs.com

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Oh lord Reggie is going to blow a head gasket lol. With just an intake your best bet would probably be to add 1.7 rockers, it'll net you the same gain hp wise at this level compared to the alphabet cams and will not require nearly as much work.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
There is realy not enough head to make a difference on what cam, personnaly for the stock heads, the B303 would fit better. But not as good as the stock cam and 1.7RR as stated above.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
When you do the intake and Cam install GET RID of the STOCK Heads, you know the saying HCI!!:bigthumbsup
E303 has better daily street driving behavior, the B303's a good dragstrip Cam and they sound pretty fricken cool!

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
With stock heads, there isn't that much difference but you have to take into consideration your yearly inspection. If you're still smogged in NY, then you'll have to go with the E. If not, you can use either.
The B is a little more peaky while the E gives a broader power range.

·
Registered
75 Posts
just installed the b-cam in my car i was tossed up about the e303 or the b303......listen to reggie. there is alot more than just doing a cam----are you going to do anything else than a cam??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.