Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a 347 using eagle rods (sir5400cb). I was just made aware that these rods are directional. The rods do have more of a chamfer on one side of the crank end of the rod. Can anyone advise which way the rods need to face (in reference to the front of the engine) when taking the chamfer into account? I want to be sure when I bolt these up this weekend.

Thanks a bunch in Advance,

John

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Hello fellow Georgian.

The small chamfer of the rods face each other. The Large chamfer is so the rod will clear the radius of the crank. If they are installed wrong, you will get some binding

R

·
0 Posts
Hello fellow Georgian.

The small chamfer of the rods face each other. The Large chamfer is so the rod will clear the radius of the crank. If they are installed wrong, you will get some binding

Twice in one week you are correct.....:happyhapp

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks. Nice to see another Georgian on here. I am building a 1989 GT w/347. Gotta' love those old fox bodies.......

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
He told you right. The two small chamfers go together.

There's quite a few Georgians here.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you guys know of a mustang club in Georgia?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the crank, rods, pistons and cam installed yesterday. I went with .018 gap on the top ring and .020 on the second ring. Today I"ll install the oil pump and oil screen tube then timing chain, etc. Maybe I'll get to the heads, lifters and push rods today as well. Anyways, thanks for your help with the rod chamfer advice.

Peace,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.